The Official Critter Thread

What makes them monsters?
Except click bait, of course.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very large and they were going at it harder and longer than the photographer had seen in 25 y of viewing bears.

@stig monster is more commonly used as a compliment for anything exceptionally for its type by people 45 and younger, and yes it was likely caused by the incessant advertising campaigns leveled at us by corporations desperately trying to seem cool. Every time i hear the word extreme it makes me want to jump in front of a dump truck :lol:

Just me being ornery, as per usual.
Could y'all also tell right away which one was going to come out on top.
Pretty obvious from the body language , I thought.
Don't know why the loser was even trying.

It does make one wonder if animals have a thought process, as stig is suggesting, or if they respond to every situation in a purely instinctual manner.

Like humans, both thinking and reacting to instinct. At contrary, you wonder if some of those are even thinking !:/:

It does make one wonder if animals have a thought process, as stig is suggesting, or if they respond to every situation in a purely instinctual manner.
In 1981 I worked on a Humming bird project in the Trinity Alps, California.
Trying to validate the " Optimal foraging behaviour" theory, that had been put forth at that time.
Basically, that animals, even the ones , we don't think of as "intelligent", go through thought processes about the value of a given food source, compared to the problems about getting it and act accordingly.
A good example is why Great White Sharks in the cold waters off the California coast take a bite out of surfers, then spit them out.

After 1½ month with the Hummers, I believed they are doing an evaluation that to me counts as "thinking".

Like slow, children present.
Oh yeah, that'll slow them down..... :lol:
Probably might have to look into that. See if County will issue a permit before the hill crest. It would be in their easment.
But meth is bad. They pretty much ignore the ICY sign and other along the way.
But truely, people drive as their feel they are entitled to. Till chaos theory humbles them.

Back