Regarding Covid

Where did I hear that random flotsam cargo boxes are the greatest threat to sailboats?
Those boxes just fall off all the time.

There are probably 25 of those boats parked in the Bay right now... all past the bay bridge so SF doesn't have to look at them.

That's true Deva...when crossing the Atlantic we'd tune in to the NOAA forecasts, and part of it included approximate positions of known floating containers...but of course they weren't accurate for very long.
We never hit one in all those years, all those miles of ocean, thank goodness

Modern times. Lookout for that shipping container! The contents of which could be worth a heck of a lot.

Back in old days, when running up the coast, we had to keep a watchful eye out for logs. Especially during winters when the rivers were flooding. Lots of logs and trees floating in the way. Both things were high risk for wooden and concrete boats. Steel and fiberglass boats not so much. Interestingly some logs were worth more than your catch. At night while drifting with the current logs were not so much a worry. Only when you're running. Cranking 7 knots. Fishing boats were not built for speed. On the radar, bucking the current full bore, you be standing still or going backwards.

Seems like FOX news has become your new darling.
Guess that fits well with the lizard people and other stuff you promote.

Last edited:
Bobby Kennedy Jr is writing for Fox these days.. who'd have thunk... an old Gf sends me links to fox and Alex Jones.. I text her back.. we're not crazy.. its the world that has turned upside down. That said I have never voted for a republican in my life... and don't plan to start, but if the Dems start mandating vaxxines that could change in a hurry

It's a wonder any of us survived the America of yesteryear....I rode many a mile in the back of a pickup...sitting on the side of the bed, looking over the cab. No bike helmets...no child restraints....few wore seat belts....lots of folks smoked....somehow we survived....parents weren't afraid to correct their kids....kids, for he most part, were taught respect. A different world....but of course, Mick disagrees with this perspective. No surprise there....

Last edited:
QUOTE="treesmith, post: 1052721, member: 1465"]
It's a wonder any of us survived the America of yesteryear....I rode many a mile in the back of a pickup...sitting on the side of the bed, looking over the cab. No bike helmets...no child restraints....few wore seat belts....lots of folks smoked....somehow we survived....parents weren't afraid to correct their kids....kids, for he most part, were taught respect. A different world....

You’re the latest in a long, long line that think your generation (well more precisely, you) were the apogee of righteousness and that modern youth is feckless, disrespectful of their elders and a disappointment.

I see Bucky Covington was born in 77, odd that you should buy into his caterwauling about growing up in the 90s as a ‘Different World’

What an absolutely shit song.[/QUOTE]

In the nineties the older generation were complaining about the youth, just like it’s always been, casting it as a golden age is daft.

Still if people buy into it and he sells records.

Last edited:
My uncle came from the golden age of yore when you got polio from no vaccinations. Guess what happened to him. Got to enjoy it twice via post-polio when he thought he beat it as a kid.

Any one notice the quiet 600,000 dead in the U.S. from covid announcement? That's 1 1/3 WW2's. Cripe.

Back