Regarding Covid

The thing about the ventilators was that they are the wrong treatment for this bug. It's a respiratory illness, meaning people aren't getting oxygen, not air in general. Pumping people with air instead of rich oxygen therapy is what killed a lot of folks early on (blew up the lungs).

Almost everyone who was out on a ventilator died in the beginning. Not sure if the stats improved, once everyone started dying of Covid anyway.

I think ventilators are the last ditch effort to keep you alive. If you get issued a ventilator, you might not being seeing too many more sunrises.

The FLCC doctors, as represented by Pierre Kory were saying that the ventilators were deadly and had recommended early on that steroids be used to knock out inflammation. Something to that effect.

Gee, after all the cries and hype over the need of ventilators, and now they're throwing them away. Gawd, what a terrible waste of lives and taxpayers money.

If I recall correctly, last year Trump said, "ventilators are not that effective against covid, and a big waste of money, but the dems used that against him, saying he didn't care for the dying, and so they got their billions of dollars worth of useless machines.

I'm glad that came out in the wash. Thank you.

from the email cain:
Sooo…. Hospitalization rates soared with Covid because doctors were told to send anyone with trouble breathing to the ER, where ER staff was told to admit them. Then hospital staff was told to put anyone with O2 SATS below a certain level on ventilators to save their lives.

I’m sure the stress induced by being told you had a potentially fatal brand-new pandemic virus made things even worse, but for anyone with any blood clotting dysfunction or new clots in lungs, the ventilator was a death sentence.

For everyone else, it was Russian roulette with terrible odds, as most people who are already very ill do not survive the combination of anesthesia and machine. And in a hospital full of horribly overworked and stressed nurses and doctors, with no family allowed in, likely there was poor supervision of patients anyway.

To be clear, it was in miami, and it appears they are a non approved Chinese ones. They aren't just scrapping ventilators, they're scrapping stuff they can't call ventilators because they're not approved by the fda. Not surprised it's happening in fl either.

Same thing happened here, more or less.
When things went completely pear shaped for Italy, back in the beginning of the Covid epidemic in Europe when the dead was piling up so high, they had to get the army to move the corpses to mass graves.( Back when it was just a hoax, invented by the Dems, you know) They called for help.
Things ALWAYS go pear shaped for Italy and they always whine and moan and call for help ( Did I mention I can't stand Italians)

Anyway, Denmark was on top of things, so we decided to help out.

The army had, among all those things that armies keep on hand, a large supply of ventilators.
So we shipped those down to Italy.

Turned out they were completely useless for this application.

Sure didn't win us any points with the Italians.

Almost everyone who was out on a ventilator died in the beginning. Not sure if the stats improved, once everyone started dying of Covid anyway.

Interestingly enough, people weren't put on respirators ( At least here) until it was the last resort.
So it kind of stands to reason that a shit load of them died anyway..................................or?

from the email cain:
Sooo…. Hospitalization rates soared with Covid because doctors were told to send anyone with trouble breathing to the ER, where ER staff was told to admit them. Then hospital staff was told to put anyone with O2 SATS below a certain level on ventilators to save their lives.

I’m sure the stress induced by being told you had a potentially fatal brand-new pandemic virus made things even worse, but for anyone with any blood clotting dysfunction or new clots in lungs, the ventilator was a death sentence.

For everyone else, it was Russian roulette with terrible odds, as most people who are already very ill do not survive the combination of anesthesia and machine. And in a hospital full of horribly overworked and stressed nurses and doctors, with no family allowed in, likely there was poor supervision of patients anyway.

So you are basically saying that leaving them at home and keeping tyhem in the dark about Covid would have been better.

Love your logic!

A chronic illness vlogger that I follow recently passed away.

They basically locked her in solitary confinement for most of the Covid Craze.

It was very difficult to watch.

I suspect the absolute crash in her mental health played a huge part in the crash of her physical health.....and eventual death.

I have visited with nurses who said as much about the nursing home lock downs.

Makes you wonder doesn't it? I mean the lock downs. Were they effective? I don't think so.

Looking at the stats on all the States that didn't lock down shows the lock downs had more ill effects that good. Bodily health, mental health and on local economies.

And they're continue to push for more.

Wow Jim,
Why were they useless for the Italians?

You couldn't smoke while using them?
A chronic illness vlogger that I follow recently passed away.

They basically locked her in solitary confinement for most of the Covid Craze.

It was very difficult to watch.

I suspect the absolute crash in her mental health played a huge part in the crash of her physical health.....and eventual death.

I have visited with nurses who said as much about the nursing home lock downs.

Quickly switching from comedy to pathos, thé mark of a pro.
I’m laughing one minute, then I’m crying, we’re putty in your hands.

Last edited:
Three day snap lockdown just finished in Perth....after another quarantine hotel positive leak. No new cases so far including all close contacts that extended to several states.
Repatriation flights from India have been heavily reduced with the amount of positive cases showing up in quarantine after they arrive.
We are a hairs breadth at any time of a new variant getting out....one week, six day, three day lockdowns as soon as a leak from quarantine is identified are keeping things in check though.

Oh, there will be more variants and more lock downs, I worry.

In this first year of covid 19, here in northern California, I know of one person in my entire circle of friends and family that died by it. I know 4 others that died of accidents, and other non-covid related causes.

Better than India. Just lucky I guess.

But the US is not the only place affected...I struggle with people's overall narrow world view with how this disease is affecting the planet.
Bermuda has had 12 deaths in one month...were stable for ages until UK varient got in the community when people would not self isolate upon returning, and tourists from the US were testing positive on day 4, 8 after being allowed to roam around with a negative pre and post arrival test... hundreds positive per day and now numbers dropping after another stay at home and over 50% of the population now vaccinated
14 day quarantine is to be instituted finally.

Any time we are sick, running fever, puking, whatever, we STAY HOME. I know folks who, when they are “sick”, just have to run to Wallyworld, the grocery store, the bank, etc, spreading it to everyone. Covid, through extreme paranoia, did bring common sense back to some degree, even if it brought a boatload of stupid with it.

Last edited:
Back