O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Best I can tell it's a quality unit. I bought it from the crane and machine shop from their parts guy. Since they stock the stuff mainly for their guys, I figure it's GTG although I've never heard of the brand. It did the trick with a few light taps from a 4lb hammer.

The other side says 450mm, so I guess it depends on which way you're holding it. :lol:

I just found a sweet deal on a monitor to go with the computer Jason is building for me. In fact it was such a good deal I bought two. 8)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001317

24-001-317-05.jpg

Brian when you get these let me know how you like it and what the outside dimensions are. I want to get one just to watch movies on....

Click the link and read the reviews. There's over 200 and after reading a few dozen you start to get a feel for what you're getting. Several people had problems with the stand, but then most people can't screw in a lightbulb without assistance either. Only the most jaded perfectionists were less than satisfied with the video quality.

According to the specs, the dimensions are 21.4" x 16.1" x 9".

I've got a friend that's pretty gullible. He told us he had a neighbor that works at the railroad, if we need any tools let him know.

We would tell him to ask his neighbor for all these ridiculous tools.

"Metric Adjustable" "Bucket full of steam" "Muffler bearings":|:

New full body harness

Butch's post about possible back injuries with a waist belt got me thinking about buying a new harness for the SpiderLift, so I picked one up on eBay for $50. It's a Miller full body harness with a dorsal ring and two waist rings. It's a bit heavier and bulkier than I would prefer, but it'll do and I'll feel safer too.

Make sure it has a deacceleration lanyard and the bunched up part is towards you.

That seems cheap for a harness, but I guess it's a considerably simpler affair than a saddle? Maybe the fact that it was purchased off of ebay......

You don't hear about the ones who got pitched while wearing a harness.
The news about the more shocking things is generally preferred over the better outcomes, at least in the media.

It's so that the deceleration begins before you have had time to build up too much momentum in your fall.

I would say so
the deacceleration has been effective before what's left of the force is beared on the ring/harness attachement and your life.

My guess is that it works equally well both ways. However, if the deceleration end is on the distal side then there is a chance of it becoming fouled up and not working properly. Attaching that end to your harness reduces that mishap exponentially.

Thoughts?

Back