O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

They told us that they would not support us in taking the tests or increase pay either.

Kinda lame.

Another guy is taking the municipal and I, the utility then we'll switch.

Best of luck Deva. That could come in handy in the future.

I've heard that municipal exam is pretty difficult.

Just got this little unit this morning for the rig.

It's a Ford Auxillary Idle Control unit, mostly found on ambulances.

It's going to be great for warming up the truck in the morning, jump starting people, and long lengths of idling to prevent "wet stacking". It keeps the idle at preset intervals.

Its a few hundred dollar unit, brand new on ebay for $90 shipped. :D

I was going to get a chip and have a high idle tune burned into it, but I decided against the extra HP. :|:

Yeah, Thanks.

Apparently 2000 hours of High wire experience is required, I hope my supervisor can sign off on it.

We'll see, It's looking pretty basic.
6 Chapters with the last one being Customer Relations.

I somehow managed to put a pretty nasty nick right in the middle of my three month old climb line recently so I had to pony up for a new one. I didn't see exactly what I wanted on the Wesspur website (120' Velocity Hot, tight eye splice) so I called them up to ask about it. No problem, I was told. Apparently they have their splices done by "Eddie Yazzie Tree Gear" in Utah, because that's where the rope was delivered from.

At any rate Eddie does a fine splicing job, and I was definitely pleased with it when compared to spliced ropes I have gotten from Sherrill. I'm sure that the Sherrill splices were safe, but this is just more refined. Totally smooth taper, no loose strands hanging out, much neater lockstitching, and just the right size eye. Another :thumbup: for Wesspur!

Attachments

• IMGP4809.JPG
    IMGP4809.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 9
Sweet.

I've seen that name on my spliced rigging slings before I used to make them.

Matter of fact, I'm just about to call my Vermeer for 200' of Velocity.

Nice! Always be certain to snug your piston up tight to that stop before breaking the clutch loose.8)

I don't beleive I've ever seen wedges like those 'wide mouthed' ones there. Interesting.

Back