O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Wood-mizer reccomends ATF on the slide surfaces as it won't collect sawdust. I haven't experimented with that though

The slides on the mill do stay fairly clean. The drive chain is also lubed with ATF, and it doesn't seem to collect either. I was told recently that ATF was the costliest and most engineered part ever produced for the automobile industry.

Use teflon here on mine after Pete said they just needed lube... And I check like Justin and Leon said.. I don't just click and climb.. Make sure that sucka is right before I put my life on it.. Period...
Started taking it less for granted one day after I found a snap not closed on my flip line... "Just In Time" if you know what I mean ;)

I couldn't imagine anything I could need from them that I couldn't get easier from Wesspur or Bailey's. They cater to linemen, not arborists. They have some basic tools that we use but it isn't their focus. Customer service would be limited by the fact that no one there would be as familiar with our needs as somebody from Wesspur.

I saw that they listed a 150' arborist lifeline but they don't even mention what brand it is.

I see there's an option for straight or angled steel shin cup pads, cool. I'd like to try em each, but I'm sure I'm gonna like the angled ones better.

Nice! The Stihl dealer here charges a good bit more. With a 16" bar my 200T was about $100 more than yours.

I also spent about 30 minutes fixing the muffler, carb limiter, and removing all the stoopit warning stickers. I don't need a sticker to tell me how to open the fuel cap, or to read the manual before operating, and I have no idea what the Spanish language sticker said but I don't need it on my saw either.
;)

Interesting, I've never bought a saw that actually had warning stickers on the saw itself. Maybe that's a Florida thing?

I liked the weight difference, but unlike MB's, mines bent a little already.

Back