O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

My thoughts also, it won't be bent over the side of the bucket but free to do it's job

My lanyard says the same thing, I'm with Willie I thought it was so there would be less chance of interference with the stretching part.

It's a Miller full body harness with a dorsal ring

I just heard from a friend who owns a safety supply biz that a guy fell onto his back onto concrete.
The metal dorsal ring stuck out and snapped his spine when he fell.
Makes me think that fabric dorsal rings are the way to go.

Nick, why not contact SALA http://www.dbi-sala-safety.com/ and ask them your question?

I just bought another harness on eBay for only $18.25 with shipping! :D Now I have one for the bucket, too. No more waist belts.

BTW, Someone named Butch asked the seller about the size. :/:

Butch is dead on. Then load limiter has to be oriented in line with the fall. Getting hung up and laying any other direction will prevent the screamer from deploying.

I have never popped one out of a bucket, but have used them on shitty, run out 1/4" rivets in the Sierras, and have used them on a block with narrow diameter/long tops.

I wonder how much force it takes to deploy it? I mean, could you hang on it and bounch up and down?

Has anyone every seen one in action?

I've popped some 7kn ones falling on lead while rock climbing. I've only had one pop while using it on some skinny poplar tops. I know for a fact that it kept the rigging point from failing. They are cool, when they deploy you still kind of have a sewn sling.
I keep 2-3 in my gear bag for the very rare occasion I need them. They can make up some slack for grabby guys running the brake in the hole.

We are doing a rigging seminar on the 17th, We'll use one and lock up the load some to show how it works.

wiley p is correct.
You dont want want the bunched up portion laying where it can get caught & hinder it's ability to deploy.

Yes I have tested one. Which drove home the point of making damn sure the harness fits & is adjusted properly.

I will never again do this. Not intenionally any way:|:

UPS man has been good to me this week... :D
First the Wraptor in record time and the tool needed to get that high line in arrived today :D

Of course we had to take it outside and see what it could do.... Holy moly... :O
Levi asked if we were going to shoot coyotes with it :/::lol:

Attachments

• P1010173.JPG
    P1010173.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 7
True... They would probably hook the pouch and swing on the pole hung from a tree or sumtin ..... Never the less, you could see the minds running overtime with ideas :lol:

I fell victim for some new truck bling.

My current wheel simulators are a pita, and look cheesy but better than steel, takes 16 extra nuts for them to come off, and they cut my hand when I lock the front hubs.

Lame excuse but I ran across these factor ford aluminum wheels on craigslist for a hell of a deal. Never planned on getting them, and surely don't need them but I had cash in my wallet so off I went.

:|:

Back