O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Golf shoes here...

I think I was hornswaggled into playing a round of golf at a fancy country club, with the electrical/electronics department head(my former electronics professor) and the college president. :O

I've only played one round before.... this will be fun. :lol:

Toshiba L305D? or something, I brought my bro with me, he's a computer geek.

He said, this will work for you...bought it at BJ's, like a Sams Club or Costco....$469.

I got an email from paypal saying the chain guy sent me $20 back for combined shipping savings.

That's 39 cents a loop in savings which brings it down to $15.45 a loop! :)

Damn, I just signed my life away on a dump trailer.

14' Deckover dump, two 7lb axles, had it derated to 13,500lb GVW so I don't go over 26,000lb combined. Has a bulkhead with no tailgate, and stake pockets down the sides and rear with rubrail. I got the idea when I saw Newfies trailer....I am going to make log bunk sides, and have the option to build any kind of sides depending on what I'm hauling.... stone, mulch, chip, fence, ect. 95% of the time it will probably wear log bunks, this way I can have a load of logs and fit the mini between the front bulkhead and stack of logs.

Should be built in 2 weeks.

I dont know if that's the word for it. It has the capabilities of weighing 15,000lbs loaded, so instead of them having that on the registration, it will be only legal weighing 13,500lbs. I did this so I don't have to worry about CDL with being hooked up to my truck, but it will still have the heavy axles.

I dont know if that's the word for it. It has the capabilities of weighing 15,000lbs loaded, so instead of them having that on the registration, it will be only legal weighing 13,500lbs. I did this so I don't have to worry about CDL with being hooked up to my truck, but it will still have the heavy axles.

Around here, the DOT actually weighs the vehicles when they do a spot check. So, it really doesn't matter what the registration says, if you're over, you're going down. :(

It does save some money on the tags, though.

It's easier not to deal with it right now. Eventually I will, as a friend of mine always needs a driver for his truck, and it's something good to have.

Honestly, I was just going to get a trailer with a 12,500lb gvw, two 6k lb axles. Someone convinced me in getting the heavier axles though.

Brett, you still need to stay under the 26K on the VIN plates of the combo, or you're screwed, even if you are empty.

bought a new GPS last week on Ebay and it showed up yesterday, spent a few hours personalizing and updating the software etc (Garmin Nuvi 660) then today I picked up my new cell phone, the old one starting getting emotional a few weeks back, sticky keyboard keys and other issues so I ordered a replacement, same model, $125, took about two hours to get it back up to snuff with the former model, installing the extra apps and all. Hopefully I am good to go for a while. :D

with the machine I bought, Garmin offers an update to the latest map software. Plug the GPS into the USB on the computer and click a couple buttons to get their site, it checks the unit and gets the most up to date map version available (the 2009 map set was close to 2 Gigs), the download and install took about uhm 12 hours (I did the download overnight whilest I was sleeping) and the install etc in the took a few hours in the AM over breakfast..

Back