O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I have a 18, 20, and 2 24's kicking about for it. About the only thing I would use the 24 for is for bucking some wood. 60cc is a good size back up for average wood we have here. I usually use the 036 or 066 for 24 plus inch. Has good torque too. I need to get the upgrade for the other saw for the rebuild and might have you play with it Brian.. Make a match for the new 460 :D

I have over come my OCGD lately. Although today I bought a ball joint kit and e-brake assembly for the Ford. :cry: That's about the coolest thing nowadays.

Ordered a Petzl micro grab this morning, along with 15' of HRC cord-enough for 4 prusiks. I had to close the browser before a rigging pulley and the GRCS winch drill bit got tossed in there. :|:

eBay find

I just bought an 026 on eBay. $224 with shipping. Supposed to run like new. We'll see. :/:

Attachments

• stihl 026.jpg
    stihl 026.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 94
I just got back from Sam's where I bought a laptop computer. Still waiting for it to boot up. :roll:

$600 HP Notebook

I have no idea how to get online with it on my existing cable connection. I suppose I'll need to buy a lot of crap and have somebody tell me how to hook it all up. It's not as easy as disconnecting the cable from my desktop and plugging it into my laptop, I don't think. I have no idea how wireless internet works.

Lots of stuff for me to learn.

Like Carl said, plug 'er in.

As far as wireless, the computer recognizes the connection where ever there is an availability. Some of them are locked and you need the password, some aren't.

Brian, you should be able to use your existing router. Unplug your internet cable from your desktop, plug it into the router and then run another cable from the router to the desktop. Plug the router into the power adapter that should have come with it and reboot. When that is up and running, turn on yout laptop and it should recognize the wireless router.

Brian, as Brett said, go from your router. I have a second cable out of my router that I used with my PS2 a few years ago when I had the time for silly online games. :) or if it is WiFi capable, see if it gets a local signal, if not, a wireless router will get you all squared up.

Around here we are starting to see a different wireless tech. its a USB stick thingie that acts as a wireless modem, internet anywhere you get a cell signal. IE. http://www.fido.ca/web/content/sdp/wia_modem&lang=en?247SEM

Picked this up today to run the plasma in the shop.
DSC05648.jpg

Also got the required items for a 10' and 30' 220V extention cord, as well as 2 sets of casters for a welding table and welding cart.

There's only about 1.2cfm difference between the pump's capacity and the plasma's max needs. The pump kicks on at 160psi, so I figure it should keep up no problem. I'll keep my eye out for a larger tank, but it's not a priority. I'll get it hooked up this weekend and see for sure, if not it'll go back.

:beerchug:

I broke a 3/8 bolt off in the outer case of one of my woodworking machines. I didn't have an extractor handy, and didn't want to go buy one, so I stuck the nozzle of the plasma gun into the tiny space at the top of the bolt, and pulled the trigger. It shot the bolt out like a bullet, and didn't damage the threads on the case.

I don't know how it worked, but it worked. :?

Wasn't sure what would happen, really. I figured the bolt might come out, but at the expense of the surrounding threads, for sure, so I would have gone to a larger size. Possibly that the surrounding metal was cast iron, was the reason it wasn't damaged....? It was an experiment.

Like the pressure control knob on yours, mine has just like a bleeder valve. Haven't been using it much lately, so I loaned it to the metal fab guy nearby, when his went kaput. We're always doing trades and such.

There ain't chit on TV, so it might get hooked up tonight. Worse case it won't cut the mustard and will go back. I got it for $318 from Lowes.

I hooked it up temperary like, fired it up, made a couple small cuts, and that was it. I figured being in sandles, boxers, and a t shirt didn't really scream I don't want to get hurt, so I quit while I was ahead. I know I need to get a new electrode, nozzle, and shield.

Found a "Test Air" setting, about 50% duty cycle (cut for 68-70 seconds, wait for 60-63 seconds to get back to 200psi). We'll see.

my plasma only uses like 50 or 60 PSI if I remember right, so the 1.2cfm different may be made up for being your running at a lower psi... I dunno what the 1000 runs at though. Im wanting a powermax 45.

With the lower psi, seems like the cut would tend to angle away in thicker stock. What's the word, the flame gets "diffused" through the thickness?

Back