O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

last weekend when he came to get his chipper. a hand delivered tananger! it doesnt seem to be able to fly, must be why he brought it

I bought a few throw bags, 2 180' zing it's, a Faltimer Cube and Sherrill's knock off upgraded fold and hold.

Today I ordered 2 sets of green teeth pockets with an extra set of both types to get the 50+ discount, and 112 teeth to go with them. (900 Series)

I like the look of those blocks, but I don't think they would be appropriate for rigging down large blocks of wood. The sling that hold the pulley to the tree would get torn up quickly because the sling would have to go OUTSIDE the pulley and would be banging against the tree.

It is a very efficient design. It's gotta come in handy for something.

love
nick

Do you folks deal with a Courtney at Sherrils, extension 208, I believe?

Years ago, I remember dealing with her several times and she was always very helpful and professional. I cannot remember any specifics but I have a very positive impression from all my dealings with her.

Thus far I prefer the F Cube. Sherrill's knockoff is a bit harder to convience to open, although it might "break in".

Sherrill's does have inside pockets. On the F cube I have an 8oz bag on top, Sherrill's a 10 oz, with the oposite on the bottom.

It sure is nice when it comes to repacking the line, beats a line tamer hands down :)

Do you folks deal with a Courtney at Sherrils, extension 208, I believe?

If it's the same Courtney that I have dealt with, she's Customer Service Manager. Very professional, personable, and efficient in my experience. I have a different extension # for her though...maybe not the same person?

I have a full name and email address...pm me if you need it...and you promise no stalking ;) .

My first purchase from Sherrill in quite some time, today I picked up a new 150' Arbormaster lifeline (tight eye spliced at both ends).
And I also replaced a tenex rigging sling that I broke a week ago. Not on a tree, but I was using it to move a loaded roll-off dumpster a few feet so I could get my bucket truck around it. Yeah, I could have bought some bulk Tenex rope and spliced one up myself but it's been 3 years since the last time I spliced a rope and I didn't feel like messing with it. And besides, the new one was right there staring me in the face and calling my name...
:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
She's super friendly, professional and attentive.

I can't believe she always remembers who I am.

well your name is kinda unregular.... :)
But its true, when you get good service and someone can be personable, its a nice touch.

Carl I found the same thing with my cube as well. I need to kinda step on the bottom of it and twist the top to open it. But the one thing I really like about them besides the price is they have a velcro strap inside that you can put the line in when awaiting a rope so the string does not get blown all over the yard.

With having a "portable mig(Flux cored, for now) welder, I needed a cart. I could have just kept carrying it around by hand , but the cart allows me to get some better organization, and when I add a MIG kit, I will now have a place to store a gas cylinder.

It's not finished. I need to attach the "wheels" :/: that I got for it, and finish some other odds and ends fabrication wise, then I can paint it and be done with it. :)

Jason, I'm not familiar enough with welders to be able to visualize the finished product. How about a pic with the welder setting on the cart?

And shouldn't you be out looking for a job, Mr. College Graduate? :P

Jason, I'm not familiar enough with welders to be able to visualize the finished product. How about a pic with the welder setting on the cart?

I'm not done with school quite yet.... :P I was working on that in my welding class...this morning.

Here you go Brian :P

The first 2 are of the welder on the cart...yes I purposely oversized it for the future. The tires in the 3 pic.....that's what it will roll on. I can't argue with free wheels, can you? I'll probably paint them silver for a more :pimp:-like appearance. :lol:

Nice 36" bar skip tooth? Prime set-up. I got a nice new saw today but can't get my camera to transfer pics right now :cry: .

Back