O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Now get the dual port muffler or have it ported. :thumbup: Makes a difference with the newer 660s.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
got a set of chaps today, tired of wearing the uber hot saw pants for the minimal cutting I do. see here for a pic if you like.

attachment.php

HAHAHA weird, I dont remember putting that as my avatar! this forum rocks!

Paul, you make gay looking PPE look macho. How do you pull it off?

its easy, just make sure you buy small or medium, even if you are a large. its all about the cuffs...
and the shit eating grin.

Nice! Hope you report back after some use with your thoughts on it.

I do like that orange. Maybe that would help keep the groundys from cutting my rope.

This morning I stopped by Vermeer after locating a hydraulic shop to work on my bucket truck. I picked up a set of velcro wrap pads for my old T2 gaffs (I never liked the caddy pads).

This afternoon I bought two different saws from two different sources. My buddy Mike found an MS460 at the local pawn shop for $400 but he only had a hundred bucks. So I bought it and will hold it for him until he can pay me for it, didn't want him to lose the deal.

Another buddy (Curt) is getting away from climbing so I bought his 200T for $350. He had an annoying tendancy to 'forget' to add bar oil when fueling up so the bar is shot, and it has a lawnmower pull handle but other than that it's like new. If I don't keep it then I already have two guys who want to buy it.

Too much movement, the pad brackets rattled around loose on top of the climber arm (upright? shaft?). I also found them bulky and just not right. Granted I only gave them about 2 hours climbing time before removing them and sending them back. That was way back when I first bought the T2 climbers.

Mod those velcro pads too, I started a thread somewhere but forgot what I called it. Add foam and a little bolt to prevent movement.

Picked up this pulley and biner for rigging small stuff with webbing loops.

Brendon, the aluminum pulley isn't very well suited for rigging. The sheaves will crap out on you where the steel carabiner rides. Sherrill has a couple stainless pulleys that are the same size as that aluminum one. For some reason this one
15218.jpg

is $16 cheaper than this one.
15216.jpg

I have several of the first one pictured, they are very handy for rigging together a fiddle block setup also.

I actually wanted one of the SS ones, but Vermeer didn't have any in stock. I'll keep a watch on it for wear tho, I have a bigger block but I figured I'd just use this one for small stuff. I'll order the SS when the $ is there.

Thanks for the heads up!

BV

I use a micro ISC pulley for light rigging and it holds up well, and its really cheap to replace.
Just don't abuse it, i.e snatch anything with it.
I carry on my harness at all times due to its size, as well as a couple of ali, biners and slings.
I'll usually use the other end of my climbing rope to rig the odd bit with.

Brendon, It'll be OK as long as you don't go to big. I have tortured aluminum sheved pulleys for years. The only thing I found was the hole for the biner will start to get larger(ie wears) from use. I have elongated a Stainless one from over loading as well. The CMI blocks are nice for heavy loads and still pretty low profile. I use a small micro pulley and mini whoopie if loads are less then 2-300lbs. Is that thing a bearing or bushing pulley?

Back