O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Also, depending what you're cutting it might be worth setting up an oiler for the other end of the bar.

Cool deal Dave, looks good.

I just got two new rolls of Stihl chain last week (a big thanks goes out to GAS71 Gary) so I'm set for chain for the next year. My local Stihl dealers all wanted list+ price of $459-$489 per roll but Gary's dealer was under $300 per roll. Even with shipping Gary was able to save me a lot.

I tried taking a picture but I've broken my camera by working with it in my pocket. The viewscreen cracked and it only takes black and white pictures now. :(

Anytime Brian... glad to help out!:thumbup: :thumbup:

Gary

You're going to have some good fun with that Pete. I've never seen a ripping chain like that before.

Quite common over here. a little time with a grinder, there easy enough to make. way faster than a conventional chain too.

Pete, did you make that yourself, or did it come with the mill?

Interesting. The ripping chain I've used from Bailey's is just standard chain but with a really narrow angle on the top plate, maybe 10 degrees.

Kick Ass Pete, The alaskan is a great portable mill.

Well I guess the Mizer and Lucas are portable too, but you know what I mean. :)

Can't wait to see some product.

Ha . . . you tryed one of those shindaiwas too! Nice line up

Ya we did there's a couple more around. Lots of power just heavey.
Tried the echo its ok just not enough power. Thats why I went back
to the 200T stihls.

Ya we did there's a couple more around. Lots of power just heavey.
Tried the echo its ok just not enough power. Thats why I went back
to the 200T stihls.

10-4 on that I havehad 3 of them - then tried the 335 (reminded me of puullons) -- Back and staying with the 200's

It's just fine. Very positive and secure locking action. Only spent 15mins in it so far so I have not got it dialed in yet. it's going to take a little time, but first impressions are that's it's a well concieved and constructed piece of kit. The mobility and comfort are impressive

Looks sweet. We still have a few weeks. Did that med kit come with it?

Back