O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
normally if I show up and the mailbox is stuffed full like this I get what my wife calls "tense" ;) but after seeing the senders addresses I realized it was my stuff!! yahoo!

and FWIW, Mr Bullman has surprisingly feminine handwriting. :/:

great stuff fellas, thanks all round.

ha! I get my misses to do all my office mailing too, so sorry for assuming it was you Steve, carry on.

Do you like the tag hanging from it? Karina had like 100 of them custom made for me. It's kinda neat, I spose.

I can't wait to get some pictures of that sling in a year all beat up!

love
nick

well I have had the zubat strapped to my right leg since about 3 this afternoon, my wife thinks I am nuts (well, more nuts than before) and I gotta say, the sawpod is quite comfy to walk around with. I will try it in a little tree in the near future and report back.

:D

Nick, it was a nice touch, I untied the little know neatly and removed it with care. notice how I made sure it was in pic and visible. :) nice stuff Nick, superb looking splice as per the usual.

Here's the 044 with the new USA Handlebars 3/4 wrap installed, and a set of Madsen's fallin' dawgs. Also picked up a new 32" bar and 2 chains when I went to Wood's Logging Supply to pick up 2 rolls of Stihl chain for Brian (Skwerl).

Now I don't have to "borrow" my buddy's 32"er anymore.:thumbup:

Gary

Nice, Gary. 32" is a fair amount of bar for a stock 044...remind me, have you opened that one up some?

Nah... It only sees the 32"er once in awhile. She pulls it just fine. I was thinkin' of puttin' a dual port muffler cover on it... but it just doesn't seem to need it. The stock opening is quite large as it is.

The 361 I have is muffler modded and runs like a raped ape!:O

Gary

Shoes? What shoes?:?

Jeff, I'm barely through a tank on the saw and I'm liking it already. Very smooth. I think after a few tanks it'll really start to growl.

That saw like I said is one of my favs. I go from the 361 straight to an 066. I dont need anything in between them any more.

I expect you are gonna be real happy with that one, Leon. I sure am with mine. A real nice upgrade is the chain catcher/double dog set that GASoline Gary discovered. The stock dog is just plain too small, especially the lowest spur.

Just out of curiosity what size bars do you guys run on your 361? I figured a 20" was the largest reasonable size so that 's what I got, but the fellow in the saw shop later assured me that it would pull a 24" with no problem.

Just out of curiosity what size bars do you guys run on your 361? I figured a 20" was the largest reasonable size so that 's what I got, but the fellow in the saw shop later assured me that it would pull a 24" with no problem.

Leon... mine has a 25" bar on it and it pulls it just fine. I run almost exclusively in softwoods though with a full skip chain. But I'm sure it would pull that same bar in almost any wood.

Gary

Same as Gary for me, Leon. 25 inch bar totally buried in 36 inch wood bucking off firewood rounds, pulls it fine. I'm running full skip, full chisel chain.

Back