O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Thanks guys! It's good to hear that it will pull a larger bar, because that will mean that I don't have to pull a heavier saw into the tree with me as often, which is a good thing when you're a skinny sack of bones like me.

I'll look into those larger dogs too. The stock dogs are a little on the small side, for sure.

I ordered one of Dave's (tntree) grapples for the 463 bobcat. Its already at the house. Now if I could just get home to see it and try it out.
Been out of town cutting for the last 12 days, might get home latter this week.

Thanks guys! It's good to hear that it will pull a larger bar, because that will mean that I don't have to pull a heavier saw into the tree with me as often, which is a good thing when you're a skinny sack of bones like me.

I'll look into those larger dogs too. The stock dogs are a little on the small side, for sure.
I have brought this up before. Rumi, my 066 went down & I had a good size Siberian to put on the ground. I took the 30" bar off the 066 & put it on the 361. It was a reach for that bar.

Did the saw cut like the kick of a raped mule? No. But it did what I thought was admirable job for a tool being asked to perform beyond it's intended use.

I have had no problems with the 'old' caps and very much prefer them myself, I was glad that my new 660 had the old style when I got it. I'm just waiting for that oil cap to screw up on my ms200t. Why change it if it ain't broke?8)

I am fine with either style cap, perhaps I even prefer the new style. :)

Dave, I think you're gonna like that grapple, I know I love mine!

Ya know what I'm cool with the new style as well, but what bugs me is if ya accidentally overfill or fill right to the top on your oil it seems a bugger to get the oil cap seated properly. It just seems like over complicating a rather simple item to me, I mean who doesn't have a bar wrench or something handy if you can't get your cap off for some reason. I never had problems getting my caps off or having them stay on before. You're just out to get me now aren't ya Carla :P .

And by the way congrats on the new 660 Mr McTree I'm loving mine.

...if ya accidentally overfill or fill right to the top on your oil it seems a bugger to get the oil cap seated properly. It just seems like over complicating a rather simple item to me...
The only time I've sent a saw up & had it leak all over the climber was with the new caps. Me no likey.
:X

Dave, I think you're gonna like that grapple, I know I love mine!

I am sure I will like it Carl. I finally got home and took some pictures, it is still on the pallet. But will be on the bobcat soon enough. :D

Cool deal Dave, looks good.

I just got two new rolls of Stihl chain last week (a big thanks goes out to GAS71 Gary) so I'm set for chain for the next year. My local Stihl dealers all wanted list+ price of $459-$489 per roll but Gary's dealer was under $300 per roll. Even with shipping Gary was able to save me a lot.

I tried taking a picture but I've broken my camera by working with it in my pocket. The viewscreen cracked and it only takes black and white pictures now. :(

Well the reason for the purchase of the 660 has arrived. A new alaskan mill with the 36in rails and the mini-mill for cutting beams and quarter sawing logs.

I also got a ripping chain, not seen one like this before, the pic did not come out that well, but you can just see the 2 thin scoring cutters, and the wider clearing cutters. All the cutters are at 5 degrees.

Will have some milling pics by next week :D

You're going to have some good fun with that Pete. I've never seen a ripping chain like that before.

Back