O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I have played around with the Mighty Mouse. Cant say I care one bit for it. To each his own.

I have played around with the Mighty Mouse. Cant say I care one bit for it. To each his own.

I think both Leon, I, and you share poor opinion of the 2 ring autolock MM, Jeff. This unit that he has posted a pic of has a more standard type autolock sleeved gate. Or was there something else about the MM you disliked?

Burnham, these Mighty Mouses have the standard three stage locking feature that most carabiners have. Push up, twist, and pull to open. I'm not 100% sure, but I think these are the ones referred to as "Supersafe" by ISC. I am curious about the four stage lockers as well. I haven't had the opportunity to play with one of those yet.

I would call up and order quickly if you're interested. I ordered mine in November and they just got here. The folks at Bishop told me that they sell out in a snap and then it takes months to get another shipment from the UK.

Compressor and grinder and misc.

I have spent Wed. and Thurs. helping my Dad clean out his shop as his place is sold and he has to take everything out. Got a 5 HP two-stage air compressor, a 3 HP grinder and oodles of hand tools and stuff. I have a 1 hp two-stage compressor now and we run out of air quite often.

Sweet!

We bought a 78h-p 80 gallon 2 stage compressor a couple-few years back. It's nice to have air!

Carl... don't you mean 7.8 or 7 to 8???

78 is in the High amperage, gonna need 3ph power and a metric @ss-tonne of usage and air volume to necessitate the need for it in a small shop, category :P

Brought this home for Dad today. Exmark 66" deck 35hp, top speed of 15mph. Watching him get on it (took several trys) was comical at the least. Boo (the dog) trying to figure out which way he was going was just as funny.

DSC03752.jpg

DSC03751.jpg

DSC03755.jpg

DSC03757.jpg

I got one sorta like that to mow my folks place. Mine's a Ferris with fully independent suspension and actual Monroe shocks. Got a Toro Groundsmaster 72" I'm selling for 2500 if anybody's interested.

Oh, yeah! He stayed on it for 1.3 hours, I got .7 hours in and the place is just about mowed (already had the bigger part done). He still drives it like it's a regular homeowners mower. When he was done he remarked as to how he never heard the govenor kick in, sad really. I got on it and actually MOWED, I burned 2x the fuel he did in half the time (holds 15 gallons BTW). That thing is awesome to say the least.

In a yard (we were mowing the fields and around trees) the only thing slowing you down would be the ability to take the turns. Somehow I don't think he would appreciate me drifting through the yard while mowing (I know it can't drift, but it you get the idea). A dust mask would have been a wonderful investment.

And best of all, it's paid for 8)

Hahaha...drifting the mower...that's good. Looks like an excellent piece of equipment.

Your dad looks like the KING up there.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Right above the Exmark sticker in the last pic John.

My sinus's are quite miserable right now from my mowing last night. Dead stuff I didn't get with the bushhog before winter, holy amounts of dust Batman! I have to go give a bid between 8-9, then climb some off camber "fun" trees today. The wind is as calm as its going to be all day, 12mph. By lunch they say it will be at 17mph, and of course coming from the wrong direction.

I am not sure I would want a drink on the machine, a dust mask however... It will be a non issue (comparitively) when the grass is green.

LJ: Your dad might need an overhead handle to help hoist him in the mower. Like have something hanging off the ceiling of the garage. It looks like he has plenty of upper arm strength.

Nice mower you must have alot of lawn there. Do you cut higher in the winter than in the summer? How does it do on slopes?

Well with spring a coming it is time for me to be gearing up. Picked up a f-cube along with some biners last week. Then I decided to check on my 200, but they are still waiting for parts (after 2 weeks) :X. So I decided on buying a 192 as a back up and light pruning saw. And in the upcoming week, have a a ISC 5/8" block coming along with some tenex to make up some loopies. Finsihed off witha dozen gloves then everything should be set, at least this month.:lol:

Back