O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Ha hardly my fault but a quick fix none the less!

I then managed to break it again, but that was ubber my fault. I welded the center pivot solid, which worked fine, till the grapple swung around (opened the grapple to grab something) and got over the rake. I figured I could jiggle it free, bumped close lever for the grapple trying to get it to hop, didn't notice it was as high as it could get, thus breaking a bit of the weld. That was my fault, if I still had the second smaller arm attached, it wouldn't have happened.

Nice rake Dave :) I raked the better part of half an acre with mine before the weld popped.

Thanks to Burnham I now have upgraded the trigger system on my Big Shot. It's super smooth!

Thank you Mr. Chamberlain!

Here's a few goodies from the prize table. After the doc sewed me up she dumped this stuff in the TRASH! I asked if I could have it, she said yes. So I grabbed it for my first aid kit. Awesome eyewash syringe, scissors, two pair of hemo's, and a killer pair of tweezers. Hospitals can be very wasteful. They autoclav the good stuff from surgeries, throw away the ER stuff, still good though.

I was gonna put in my wall first aid kit. A buddy of mine stiched himself shut in Alaska on an ice climbing trip. No Lidocaine, that boy is core!:\:

If you can stop the bleeding it can work in some cases. Doc just glued my Nephews lip back together. After running into a chair at break neck speed

Super Glue reacts to moisture, more blood=faster setup time= stop bleeding but the "scab" is big and crusty, not well attached to the skin. To make sure it holds the lips of the wound closed I normally run water (or a rag) if the wound (if its a bleeder), stick the tip of the applicator in the wound and lay a bead of super glue, gently pushing the lips together. Pushing them together tightly sucks as it sets that way leaving your skin pulling together.

Saved me quite a few ER visits :)

When glueing, you have to be positive it's clean, and they don't do it for really deep cuts.

Super Glue reacts to moisture, more blood=faster setup time= stop bleeding but the "scab" is big and crusty, not well attached to the skin. To make sure it holds the lips of the wound closed I normally run water (or a rag) if the wound (if its a bleeder), stick the tip of the applicator in the wound and lay a bead of super glue, gently pushing the lips together. Pushing them together tightly sucks as it sets that way leaving your skin pulling together.

Saved me quite a few ER visits :)

I you lay the bead inside the would, won't that interfere with the reconnection of the vessels etc? Seems like it'd hinder the healing process.

Jeff, Super Glue is in the family of glues that react to moisture, others react to the presents or lack of oxygen.

Can't really have a deep cut on the hand/foot. A thick nasty gash on some meaty part, sure. Basically any cut that can be sewed up without internal sutures can be super glued.

James, actually it does very well. Sometimes (depending on the area and how its hard it's used) the wound will split open. Carrying a tube of glue in the pocket makes a quick fix. The wounds heal rather quickly.

Super glue was developed during the vietnam war for rapid triage and wound closure i believe. Wounds were latter split cleaned and stitched. Carl is quite right.

I thought the same Buzz, however we are incorrect. Discovered first in WWII by accident, the rediscovered and introduced in 58 or 68 I believe. However its been used in the Viet war and others just like you say.

After I glue it I ain't gettin stitches :).

I got these little guys in the mail from Bishop today. They have a really nice feel to them, and they don't have that irritating spring lock gate that you usually find on the Mighty Mouse biners.

Thanks to Burnham I now have upgraded the trigger system on my Big Shot. It's super smooth!

Thank you Mr. Chamberlain!

You are most welcome, Leon. It's my pleasure.

I got these little guys in the mail from Bishop today. They have a really nice feel to them, and they don't have that irritating spring lock gate that you usually find on the Mighty Mouse biners.

I was just looking at those in the Bishop catalog, Leon. I too have a pair of the Mighty Mouse biners with the double spring ring autolock...not only are they irritatingly difficult to open when desired, they are frightenly easy to open accidentally when rubbed against something. But I love the size, so was thinking to give that model a try.

Are those three stage autolocks, or the four stage I have read about? Could you describe the actions to open them, please? Seems like I recall Nathan being a fan of the four stage Mighty Mouse.

Back