O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

stig

Patron saint of bore-cutters
Which leaves you with a EU certified boot, but with CAULKS!!!!!!!!!!
Go for a pair, Pete.
I can promise you won't regret it.

pete mctree

Treehouser
It’s a real shame they only use Hiax boots, as the last does not fit my feet well. I might have to do some searching to get a more suited pair converted

pete mctree

Treehouser
It would be cool to send them a pair of pfanner air Tirol boots - time to save some pennies (just had to replace a truck unexpectedly so a little light in the pocket)

stig

Patron saint of bore-cutters
Write them and ask if they'll do it.
They are super nice folks.
I was planning on swinging by Kellogg idaho and trying some of their boots on the way to visit Dave and Jim.
Then first chemo, then Corona put an end to that.

cory

Tree House enthusiast
The Ninja has a Protos now. He was in town for the last week and a half and we knocked out an absolute ton of work, he's a straight up tree machine.

He's also cheap AF so I was rather shocked that he sprang for a $350 helmet over the $100 Petzl he already owned. He says it's a great hard hat.

Bodean

Cali dreamer
:). funny the color of the helmet was listed as White… edit.. listed as black and white.. as white is sold out.
I’m stoked to try it… I will spray paint white the helmet if I need to. Haha.

Seriously though the Kask feels like a balancing act…. The protons has side protection and rides lower.
also I’ve found myself making some bigger cuts in tight quarters and I appreciate the little bit more protection.

Last edited:

cory

Tree House enthusiast
I hear ya.

The ninja wears black pretty much everything (figures ;) ) full time.

I go with hi viz yellow or orange

lxskllr

Treehouser
There's a carpenter foreman from my client that almost always wears navy blue shirts. He's sweating and miserable, but still wears dark shirts. I haven't quite figured it out. I want to have a talk with him, but I feel it's like explaining water's wet. I just look and shake my head.

My Petzl's orange. I've work white helmets forever, and I don't even like white aside from it being cool. I figure it's a reasonable compromise. Not too hot, and I stand out from the other white hats on site. Based solely on looks and comfort, I'd like one in flat desert sand. It would work for climbing, but would be needlessly unsafe on the ground.

BIGTWIG

Treeman
I can’t tell a difference in retained heat between a black helmet, or hi-viz.
Granted I wear a (non-vented) Pacific R5.