O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Butch, you mentioned a short line. Would you believe I have a 40 foot line or two. I keep em around for double crotching. I figure I don't need 2 lines to get me to the ground, so why have all the extra length on the second line?

So what got done? I'm ordering new tires and wheels for my 350z on Monday. 19's on 35 series rubber, gonna be sweet! My wife keeps ixnaying the supercharger kit I've been drooling over for a few years now, maybe one of these winters when it sits in the shop I'll slip it on without her noticing.

Awww, jealous of your 350z man. I got the APR chip put in and all the tuning done, lot more hp and torque now and its much more responsive, I'm loving it. Only thing I noticed now is with the increased torque and the fwd there is an increased tendency to torque steer. Never was a problem before the chip, and its not bad now, just have to be aware of it. Next item on the list is I want to install a short shifter in it. Big things left to do are I want to put a new exhaust on it, some new wheels and tires, and a body kit as well.

Chris, what do you climb on, ropewise?

I'll have a look in the truck, see what's in there, and see if anybody has good experience with a particular hitch cord I have with the rope you're climbing on. I've been climbing on poison ivy for a good while, and don't know what are good combo's for which 1/2 ropes.

Easy enough.

PM me your address.

I'm finishing off a few hi vee lines at the moment. Once they are done, I'm going to go to something a bit more snazzy.

Maybe ill buy some. I'm up for a change. Awhile back I did a favor for someone and they gave me a whole pile of brand new 120' hi vee lines. So I've been climbing on them for a bit. They should be about done by the end of summer, and then Ill go to something slick.

Now you'll simply have to explain what is not slick about HI-vee ( except the stupid color!!)

Awww, jealous of your 350z man. I got the APR chip put in and all the tuning done, lot more hp and torque now and its much more responsive, I'm loving it. Only thing I noticed now is with the increased torque and the fwd there is an increased tendency to torque steer. Never was a problem before the chip, and its not bad now, just have to be aware of it. Next item on the list is I want to install a short shifter in it. Big things left to do are I want to put a new exhaust on it, some new wheels and tires, and a body kit as well.

Cool. I love tweaking vehicles, personalizing them and making them perform/look better than stock. It eats up dinero though.

Cool. I love tweaking vehicles, personalizing them and making them perform/look better than stock. It eats up dinero though.

Same here man, its something I've always wanted to do, and thats why I bought the GTi, so I could finally delve into it. And it does eat up dinero, it eats it up like no other haha. Its worth it tho, I love my car and take a lot of pride in it.

I have extras that don't need to be 'snagged', perhaps on the DL. Wouldn't want you to get in hot water, Nick. I bought several different kinds of bulk cord enough for one or two of each. Some won't see any use for at least a long time. I go a long time on a hitch cord with as little as I'm climbing on my days off from the Man. I'll never miss it.

Anybody have any input on which cord for the hivee

8mm beeline tied
10mm beeline spliced, but don't know the length off the top of my head, maybe I'll go measure
Icetail tied
Ocean tied

I'll be out of town working for a few days, and see if anybody weighs in on a good compatibility.

I prefer grabby, 8mm beeline tied for me although it does depends on the hitch used

Well, for sure a hitch that doesn't grab is a bad thing :)...but one that is hard to advance and tightens up too much under load is a bad thing, too.

I'm a big fan of the new Armor Pruss Poly 8mm, spliced. I've been rocking out on mine for a good 3-4 months now and loving every minute of it. I'd give the regular armor pruss a try as well, along with the 10mm version of it if you're looking for something larger. I've heard great reviews on all three.

After dialing it in and it softened up, HRC cord with Hivee has been working well for me. Admittedly, not many other types experienced to compare with.

Good news/bad news today. My local NAPA store has closed and today was their last day open. I'm going to miss them. But the good news is that I picked up this rolling tool cart for $200. They have been trying to sell it for almost a year and I scooped it up today along with a few other tools at 70% off.

IMG_2181.jpg

Back