O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

2012-08-05_12-27-21_648.jpg 2012-08-05_12-27-01_792.jpg
Finally tried SRT, I've been playing around at home with it yesterday I cleared some dead wood out of a medium size oak for a friend, like it so far

That's cool, 1Bus (what's your first name?).

Are you using a foot ascender and the Futura with a footloop? If you fashion the hand ascender in to a floating foot ascender, its even better, IMO. An elastic cord around the neck attached to the pulley tends the hitch for you, or lanyard over the opposite shoulder from the D-ring.

Welcome to the fantastic world of SRT! It rocks!

About washing trucks, I've always washed mine on Sundays. I like to start the work week looking clean and sharp rolling through town. I've never been able to afford new stuff, but have always been proud and diligent about keeping my stuff painted and well kept. Anyways, Sundays are wash day. So last week I get my trusty bucket with no handle and a cracked side, and my faithful scrubby sponge that has these little dreadlocks on it. Well I dunk it into the bucket of suds and start scrubbing the SUV. It feels strange. I stop. Rinse the sponge off and have a closer look. Its full of sand. The kids decided it would make a good toy in their sandbox one day during the previous week.

I breathed fire, venom, and discontent all over them like a mad man. That pissed me off deep down to the core. It was WARM in the house that night. The heat was radiating off of me for hours.

I'm Joe, yep a pantin on my right foot and a foot loop on the futura, yea I definitely need a better way to tend slack I tried my flip-line I didnt care for it, I like the idea of the elastic cord though, I'm amazed how fast I can go up a tree its almost like cheating, it rocks is an understatement.

About washing trucks, I've always washed mine on Sundays. I like to start the work week looking clean and sharp rolling through town. I've never been able to afford new stuff, but have always been proud and diligent about keeping my stuff painted and well kept. Anyways, Sundays are wash day. So last week I get my trusty bucket with no handle and a cracked side, and my faithful scrubby sponge that has these little dreadlocks on it. Well I dunk it into the bucket of suds and start scrubbing the SUV. It feels strange. I stop. Rinse the sponge off and have a closer look. Its full of sand. The kids decided it would make a good toy in their sandbox one day during the previous week.

I breathed fire, venom, and discontent all over them like a mad man. That pissed me off deep down to the core. It was WARM in the house that night. The heat was radiating off of me for hours.

Ouch, that one would get me. Luckily I don't have a sandbox yet, or kids. :lol:

It's nice rolling around in clean stuff. People really notice, and it just feels like they run better and tighter. I get compliments by customers all the time, "Wow, your stuff is all brand new huh?". No, both trucks are 1999, mini loader 9 years old, chipper 7, etc. Then you can say, "I leave your yard as clean as I keep my trucks". :)

I live on a dirt road (that's DIRT, not gravel, as the dirt is more prevalent!), so I've never been a stickler for washing mine. I drive slow after a rain to keep the mud slinging down, but a coat of dust in inevitable. What gets under my hide is people leaning on my truck, and it doesn't even look new. I don't lean on other's vehicles, and don't appreciate them leaning on mine. The dust easily scratches the paint, and besides, what's the point? If the truck weren't there, what would they lean on? I'll squat, sit on the ground or whatever.

I live on a dirt road (that's DIRT, not gravel, as the dirt is more prevalent!), so I've never been a stickler for washing mine. I drive slow after a rain to keep the mud slinging down, but a coat of dust in inevitable. What gets under my hide is people leaning on my truck, and it doesn't even look new. I don't lean on other's vehicles, and don't appreciate them leaning on mine. The dust easily scratches the paint, and besides, what's the point? If the truck weren't there, what would they lean on? I'll squat, sit on the ground or whatever.

Amen brother. I have consigned myself to accepting "patina" being a part of life on my vehicles living in the country. I had a couple of really nicely painted vehicles and the gravel fixed that real quick. I don't even bother replacing wind sheilds until you just have to. Kat will wash the van, go 600 feet down the driveway and it is plenty dusty again on the back. Just a way of life looking like hillbillys up here :lol:

Some one at her school wrote "your husband wishes you were this dirty" on the rear window the other day :lol:

We have tons of dirt roads too but i still fight the fight. I like to keep a good coat of wax on my vehicles for protection regardless of anything else.

One of my guys spilled some oil a few weeks ago when changing the oil in one of the trucks. He promptly grabbed the truck washing brush to scrub the ground :dur: We have a new one now..

I'd have been like wtf? Throw down some towels, or sand, or cat litter. Woodchips even. Not my daggone scrub brush.

Men do strange stuff. I once pointed at the cable service line on a house and told my groundman to cut that off the house for me. Meaning cut the zip ties. He climbed up the ladder and clipped the cable line. Looks at me and says "that should do it". Customers were coming out on the deck like "our tv stopped working". It was a storm job too. The day of the storm so utility companies were buried in downed lines. This poor ladies service line was probably dead last on their list.

Sometimes I see heavy grade zipties, sometimes they are fastened on with wire, or something of some variety that can be untwisted or clipped, and at the end of the job I fasten it back up.

The lazy cable guys around here use a zip tie with grommet. Seems they screw five or six to the side of a building and zip the wire in. Clean look but a bear to remove without tools.

I got angry at the cable company recently. I was doing work at a vacant house that the owners wouldn't be moving into until winter. They had a line running through the yard and I had no way of taking it down. It ran through the yard, to a telephone pole, then a ways to the house. We scheduled for them to take it down. They didn't show. So I took it down, with a pole clip.

What's fun is climbing the pole and opening one of those phone company "boots" and unhooking a phone line. Gotta remember which posts to reconnect to...

And cutting down hot service lines...that definitely gets you some looks!:/:

(I'm with you, Chris. When they don't show, I'm not waiting all day. Phone, cable, power....gotta go!

I hate climbing poles. It's amazing how it's SOP for linemen to free climb those things. I use my lanyard from the ground up.

Back