O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

I think I'm going back to steel Butch. When I throw my line to another crotch, I always miss the feel of throwing steel. I throw farther and more accurately with steel.

Agree re the steel snap/biner for throwing, but the Fly best in the land??? Uhhh, maybe not :D.

Still Butch, 1 out of 2 isn't too bad, is it :lol:.

I've come to like the steel carabiner for throwing. Gotta get my face screen back on my helmet though. Took it off for a rock climbing trip. I don't want to get tagged with a steel biner in the face.

Done it only once...you are right, you don't want to do that :D. You don't want to mis-time the trap against the bole, either...took one full speed across the back of my hand once as well...that hurt :).

Stifle those fangs B!

I climb 1/2 and tautline.:(

Seems like a Blake's would be a step up without any new gear. If you're not using a split-tail, maybe a Blake's hitch for slack tending with the extra long tail tied with a Blake's hitch back on the termination/ working end of the rope to self-tend.
I haven't tried it myself, but have read that it works for others.

Never climbed on a Blake's, myself.

I think if you're not using a foot ascender, 1/2" is a good choice for the larger rope to grip. I'd thought of slitting a thick bicycle handle grip length-wise and putting it around the rope to make the rope seem larger, so as not to have to grip such a small diameter, which 'works' or hurts my wrists, but they do make foot ascenders these days, so the legs can do the propulsion. Pays for itself, quick.

Chris, I thought you were going to try some new systems?

Nothing too fancy here http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=72023&catid=59954&aid=338666&aparam=72023 but a good deal.

These are Bausch and Lomb Sight Savers, eyeglass wipe, basically like an alcohol prep pad, but bigger. We got a few boxes at work. I thought that they were unnecessary, but they make glasses clean, clean, like new, which is nice. One wipe can do a few pairs of glasses. I usually clean all the glasses at hand in the truck when I open one.

A box of 50 for $3. free shipping on orders over $25.

Kinda hard to take pics, but dropped my car off today to have some performance work done to it. Not exactly tree gear related, but figured since Skwerl is posting his Mustang parts I'd jump in with my baby GTI haha.

I've climbed blakes hitch. I just drift back to tautline on a split tail with micro pulley. I was going to try a new style, but its a skin and bones year for the tree companies around here including me. I'm just not spending any extra money for the time being until things change.

Kinda hard to take pics, but dropped my car off today to have some performance work done to it. Not exactly tree gear related, but figured since Skwerl is posting his Mustang parts I'd jump in with my baby GTI haha.

So what got done? I'm ordering new tires and wheels for my 350z on Monday. 19's on 35 series rubber, gonna be sweet! My wife keeps ixnaying the supercharger kit I've been drooling over for a few years now, maybe one of these winters when it sits in the shop I'll slip it on without her noticing.

Chris, I will snag you an eye an eye from our equipment locker if I can...If you promise to try it. I assume you have a micro pulley?

I have extras that don't need to be 'snagged', perhaps on the DL. Wouldn't want you to get in hot water, Nick. I bought several different kinds of bulk cord enough for one or two of each. Some won't see any use for at least a long time. I go a long time on a hitch cord with as little as I'm climbing on my days off from the Man. I'll never miss it.

I just tied my new steel snap to my new Fly line... I'm loving it! :rockon:

She's so purdy and long! My other will be my short line...

Back