In The News...

It's all how one interprets it.

Key was under siege when he wrote that. So the story goes.

I was under siege half a dozen times in the Nam. Serious massive destruction, and the very real threat of death at your feet. The "ROAR' of battle so loud I could not even hear my rifle fire. And thinking back about it now I can not imagine how anyone could possibly write a poem while under siege. Scramble your brains. Shell shock. All that.

I tip my hat to you for your service, Sir. Which brings the question...for those who think Gwen Berry is "right" to act like she did, how do YOU view those who have worn the uniform and served in armed forces? To commend the one is to diss the other.

it
I tip my hat to you for your service, Sir. Which brings the question...for those who think Gwen Berry is "right" to act like she did, how do YOU view those who have worn the uniform and served in armed forces? To commend the one is to diss the other.

No it’s not, it’s one of your regular false dichotomies.

Is she right? Dunno, don’t really care.
Does she have the right? Absolutely.

Can you explain the logic in this, because I sure can't find it.

The young woman in question did her best to show disrespect/disdain for the very country she is supposed to be representing. She refuses to respect the National Anthem, which, like it or not, is our anthem, and many a man had died (or served and survived), fighting for, and for the very freedom that this misled woman claims she does not have.

If it’s not being intrusive, perhaps Mr. B could write a word or four as to how her rude behavior impacts one who has served.

Honestly, Scott, In my eyes the national anthem is a bunch of bullshit, that belongs in a different century.

That is nothing special for America, look up the text for " Rule Brittania" , "La Marseillaise" or "Deutschland, Deutschland über alles".
All full of the same overblown martial nonsense.
"Der er et yndigt land" is slightly better, but only slightly.
But to make up for that, we have 2 anthems, "Kong Christian stod ved højen mast" is full of the same nonsense as those above.
We sing ( Well, I don't) that when we feel especially martial, which is usually something with soccer and beer.

Coming from the old school of American values (Norman Rockwell America) it leaves me in pure wonder how anyone can forsake America. Not withstanding today's politicians. So many of whom continue to screw up this country. It's not perfect by any stretch, but through my life I have watched America do more to raise the standard of living for all people in this country, and around the world, than any other single country ever has. It's a fact, across the board, the richest black people in the world live in America today, and there's a billion other blacks, truly poor and oppressed, elsewhere in the world that would gladly take their place if they could.

United we stand!...

Nope, the richest black people live in Africa.
There is a huge gap between rich and dirt poor in Africa, but with 1,2 billion people, the 1% that has the wealth is still 3 times as many as live in the US.

China has raised the living standard of their people a huge amount in the last 2 decades..... that is 1,4 billion Chinese that have gone from near starvation to actually having a middle class now.

Hard to beat.

Probably the same. The problems existed then too obviously, today isn't necessarily worse just slightly different.

I suspect the b*tch is dumb as a box of rocks. Who told her to get all worked up over the 3rd paragraph of a poem probably 99.95% of Americans never heard of and nobody gives a rat's ass about?

Another f'g dumb athlete in over their head politically. Cluelessness brought to a new level.

Name calling doesn't do much good but wow, just such a moronic outlook on display.

Hey girlfriend, you don't like it, definetly leave, and don't let the door hit that giant ass of yours that allows you to throw a f'g piece of metal further than most folks. #Fookingdolt.

'It's hot out here, waaaa.' 'I was tricked into being up here for the national anthem, waaaaaaa':lol:

You can't make this chit up.

Just like Cappernick...she had to have her five minutes of fame...doing nothing to help those po black peeples.

Back