What is the MEANING behind your USERNAME here at The Tree House?

I got called Block a tete by a Quebec French guy after a few beers once. I was confused so he explained that it meant square head and wasn't a complimentary term for an english speaking guy. We both got a good laugh out of it.

My first wife and I argued a lot. When it got too bad, I'd just go live in the woods. Every one has called me Kaveman for so long, I don't answer to my real name. I spell it with a "K" because it changes the appearance of the word, making it more recognizable. It also helps to distinguish it as a name rather than a description.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My first wife and I argued a lot. When it got too bad, I'd just go live in the woods. Every one has called me Kaveman for so long, I don't answer to my real name. I spell it with a "K" because it changes the appearance of the word, making it more recognizable. It also helps to distinguish it as a name rather than a description.
Thanks for sharing and welcome to The Tree House! If you have any questions, most of us would be happy to help! We were all the new guy at some point, so don't be shy!

Biggun.

Because I am tall. I.e not a littl’un!

It was a name given to me by an Irish, drunken tramp. He walked into me and hit me about chest height. Looked up and said “B’ Jesus, your a Biggun!”

My friends heard him, pissed themselves laughing and the name stuck.

@stig, how do you pronounce your name? I was thinking about it the other day. I always say "stig" with a short "I" like "ridge" in my head. It occurred to me it might be a long "E" as in "weed". Checking Google translate, the various Scandinavian languages vary between them with some additional accent in some cases.

@stig, how do you pronounce your name? I was thinking about it the other day. I always say "stig" with a short "I" like "ridge" in my head. It occurred to me it might be a long "E" as in "weed". Checking Google translate, the various Scandinavian languages vary between them with some additional accent in some cases.
Or it could be Stig as in Styg like "sky"

Last edited:
In Danish it is pronounced with a sort of fading I as in IIiii...........and no g at all.
My parents did me the great favour of handing me a name that can't be pronounced right in any other language, so to non-Danes such as my wife's kids and grand kids I am stig with a HARD g at the end.

Der Stig!

The helmeted mystery race car driver Stig on Top Gear did you no pronunciation favours :) Not that he ever spoke. Jeremy Clarkson usually did the intro. Be kind of cool to scoop it for a ring tone or internet tag sound byte, alarm etc.

It's in my profile, and can be further explained by my postings in "What are you Drinking Tonight" thread. If you zoom in on my avatar, the 2 Iines are Linux commands:

# cd /pub
# more beer

The penguin was all I needed to see to know it was a Linux brew.

In Danish it is pronounced with a sort of fading I as in IIiii...........and no g at all.
My parents did me the great favour of handing me a name that can't be pronounced right in any other language, so to non-Danes such as my wife's kids and grand kids I am stig with a HARD g at the end.

Der Stig!
In England Stig has a hard G, well known Christian name, largely because of this..

@Mick! I think you might be one of the only usernames to include punctuation beyond dashes. I'm not going to force you to tell us whether Mick is your name or nickname, etc. but bravo for thinking to use an exclamation point! =-D

Get me drunk and I can fake a mean accent. And I won’t break character for hours.
I will catch myself on calls with friends with the thickest call center, I mean gas station accent, for hours on end

"hurkey durkuh, tank you for calling veendows tegnical support, my name is Davit, how can I helb you?"

OMG you nailed that so dead on. Zerdified Migrosoft degnishun. Would you like to have your ducts cleaned? :)

Back