In The News...

Nope, the richest black people live in Africa.
There is a huge gap between rich and dirt poor in Africa, but with 1,2 billion people, the 1% that has the wealth is still 3 times as many as live in the US.

You’re doing little for the cause of the poor oppressed black folk here with that talk, Stig! I am confident we could arrange ONE-WAY passage for the disgruntled ones here to get over there and join that gravy train.

Fair point but it still has some meaning, just as the flag does (which one could argue is just a piece of of multicolored cloth), so turning one's back on it to show disgust is a strong statement of disrespect against what the song is meant to exhalt.

KB do you think there's anything wrong with what she did?

I agree she has the right to do it but she just seems like a complete idiot based on what I've read online, I've never met the woman.

Yes she did. She *does not* have the right to assault someone. That's a crime in every state and territory, as well as under federal law.

Slapping Biden was a bit of a stretch, but there was a time she’d about as soon risk one as the other. Much has devolved in this country.

KB do you think there's anything wrong with what she did?

I agree she has the right to do it but she just seems like a complete idiot based on what I've read online, I've never met the woman.
i honestly could care less. I do think track and field is awesome though and I admire anyone who excels at it. I really do not understand at all why that particular song has become the sports jingle and is almost never played outside of that. If it were a song about freedom that specifically excluded my great great grandparent I am sure I would care even less about it. If it were written about a battle that if the other side had won, your great grandparents would have achieved independence 30 years earlier than they did I can understand being even offended by it. I haven't sung the song in ages and ages. i haven't been to a sports game in just as long. I think she should be judged on her ability to throw a hammer. I dont think athletes should be forced to celebrate someone else's great great great grandparents freedom from British taxes in order to do their thing.

But please, she's trying to send a message to the world by way of her standing on an athletic podium.

You may not care about that particular sports jingle but she is apparently consumed by it and the meaning she feels it carries. And via media and social media, much of the world now cares about the stance she expressed. It's apparently a big deal in most folk's opinions.

Or, on the other hand, basically nobody GAS about US female olympic hammer throwers ( a micro subset of athletes), and perhaps it didn't even occur to her that basically anyone would see or know of her actions on the podium. And then it went viral

pretty incredible to forgo getting paid and still get access to that podium in order to make her statement. Would you rather she burn down a Macys to make her point? Or use discipline to gain access to an international audience and to start conversations about our nations history among old school arborists. Well done.

I doubt she could express her point coherently unless she was burning down a Macy’s. She has never been oppressed in her life. Her parents wee bit oppressed. Her grandparents were not oppressed. Her great-grandparents were not oppressed. How far back do we go? She should be thankful to be here. If she lived “back home”, she might be a chunking something besides a hammer.

My grandfather knew what it was to live without electricity. Drawing water from a dug well. I guess I can show my contempt for modern conveniences and dig me a well and live in yesteryear...

Last edited:
I doubt she could express her point coherently unless she was burning down a Macy’s. She has never been oppressed in her life. Her parents wee bit oppressed. Her grandparents were not oppressed. Her great-grandparents were not oppressed. How far back do we go? She should be thankful to be here. If she lived “back home”, she might be a champion spear-chunker rather than hammer-chunker.

My grandfather knew what it was to live without electricity. Drawing water from a dug well. I guess I can show my contempt for modern conveniences and dig me a well and live in yesteryear...

That entire post is just cover for you using the term spear-chucker, gives you sick little buzz writing it down.

Everyone’s grandfather (if you’re old enough) knew what it was like without electricity, it’s no badge of honour.

Yes, Micky dear, and everyone knows that over 150 years ago, slavery existed here. And it was done away with. And we’ve moved on...well, most have. The racists are determined to keep it alive.

Do tell us more about your sick little buzz sensation...

You ever been on world TV, Mick? I've never seen you on TV, but I don't watch shows that glorify sarcastic people. She HAS been on world TV. And chose to try to shame the U.S. by her behavior.

Back