In The News...

I spent a week with this guy many years ago. he keeps both raptors and chickens. he has used his knowledge of biology and natural selection to raise chickens that are smart enough to not get eaten by the many raptors hanging around his farm.

I’m done with this nonsense. Y’all carry on as you see fit. I obviously think outside the acceptable box so I’ll leave y’all to it.
gunpowder solutions are anything but out of the box thinking. least creative unimaginative, boring and all too often the option that is picked as the most in the box answer to almost any problem. Just blow it up. problem solved

Bob has killed 60-odd dogs?

I have a higher number, but they were cats.
Any cat I encounter on my property is going to be a dead cat.
The good thing about being a vegetarian is, I don't even have to eat them, after I kill them.

Rest easy Kevin, I don't kill Bald eagles.
Take a better shooter than me for that, the closest one being 2500 miles away.

Last edited:
We will get there with our White tailed eagle, eventually.

40 years ago, it was near to extinction.
Only 4 pairs left in the country and they couldn't reproduce.
Since they mainly eat fish, their DDT and Mercury levels were so high, that the eggs simply didn't hatch. ( I have mentioned the warning about pregnant women not eating fish from the Baltic sea!)

So some genius came up with the idea of detoxifying them, by feeding them something else.
The one thing we have plenty of here is dead pigs ( I may have mentioned that we are 6 million Danes and 27 million pigs!)
So they set up feeding stations near the nests an the results were staggering.

in 25 years we went from 8 birds to 260.
Last year alone they raised 168 chicks.
We've gone from " HOLY SHIT; THAT IS AN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" to "that is an eagle" :)

lmfao... U.S. taxpayers are the biggest fools on the planet.

this has to be because the gays have made God mad. no other explanation. the good thing is that at least its not going to matter what kind of clothes your kids wear or how they cut their hair when california cant grow food and texas cant grow cotton.

@ruel , is this alarmism?

Could be like the gypsy moth infestation in CT decades ago, very intense for a short period of time and then very very light for the following decades, in most places afaik.

Not alarmist, impossible to express how horrible those moths are. Harpswell/ Brunswick Maine was the epicenter for many years. I would wake up knowing with almost certainty that I would have a rash by the end of the day from the caterpillars. Rinse and repeat for 4 summers. My version of the rash was like a combo of fiberglass splinters and low grade poison ivy. For me it would last about 12 hrs. Cold salt water immersion helps minimize effects IMO, but it can last for weeks in some people.

It can also become systemic(usually was for me) , i.e. you can get it on your neck and you'll end up with a rash in armpits, groin, behind knees. Ran into a woman at the lunch store who claimed she got a rash from a motorcycle ride under infested trees.

The population of moths collapsed in here in town two years ago and it's made treework bearable again thank goodness.

Aside from health effects, they are crazy aggressive feeders. Total defoliation of almost all oaks and apples in town for 3 consecutive years, 5 years in some areas. Pretty serious mortality of Q. rubra in those parts. I'll throw up some pics next time I drive over that way.

At its height, Sven and I clipped over 500 nests out of a 40' tall oak, almost every branch tip. Each nest contains btw 100- 500 caterpillars, which molt 2-3 times. Multiply that by almost every tree and one can imagine how pervasive it was around here

We had gypsy moths bad in the 80s. Standing in the woods, and it sounded like it was raining from the caterpillar poop. Then they just went away mostly. They're still around, but manageable.

Back