How'd it go today?

What topics?

Lemme guess- history and maybe music or politics

Nope, just fun reading, mostly.

I wanted to read Robert B Parkers western novels, staring with Appaloosa ( Was filmed under that name) and missed a couple of John Sandford's Virgil flowers books.

The other stuff I mostly use the library for, but they are closed now.

Great way to get some tax kroner back is having the library get the books I want to read.
They are really good at that.

A while ago I asked them to find Elspeth Beard's " Lone Rider" for me.
Turned out there wasn't one in the Danish library system, so they went and bought one just for me.

Very recommendable book for travellers and motorcyclists BTW.

Another great way to get some tax kroner back is to fall down the stairs.
That probably took care of the taxes I've paid for the last 3 years or more.
Toss the leukemia on top and I'm probably ahead of the game.

Yup!

I REALLY hate to be one handed.
One handed and old makes it hard to defend one self.

I just bought something to offset that a bit:

I was going to get one when I came over to the US. Illegal in Cali, far as I know. Figured Montana would be the place to buy it.
NOTHING is illegal up there.
I mean, they've got Jim running free.

Then I found out that while illegal in Sweden, they are sold as " Collector's items).
Means you can own one, but not have it with you.
Since breaking both forearms on a moslem is illegal here, anyway, I don't much care about the rest.

Always subscribed to the " Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" thing, anyway.

Last edited:
Here's the couch beginnings. Custom build to fit in their tiny house. Ended up using an upside down belt sander to shape the top. Not crazy fast but definitely easier.
20200430_151203.jpg
2020-04-30 19.08.58.jpg

Nice. I take it you split a lot of wood? Me too, or at least I try.

I live in a small place, burn 1.5-2 cord a year. My buddy sven and I split another 4 for his house and my neighbor. Not a terrible amount to do.

Upholstery/ boat shop did double duty today. Foam on the couch and...

20200501_125531.jpg 20200501_161259.jpg

Actually trimmed some trees at the course today. Lifted the canopies on 2 Maples, 2 Apples, & 2 White Pine. Got about 1/2 loaded on a wagon & will finish up tomorrow.

No. Don't own one anymore. Just a couple sections of pole saw.

Just making clearance so we can mow with the tractors and getting some space for the practice greens. Have a few trees need done every spring it seems.

Long Friday! Four stumps, two buckthorn removals, storm damages mulberry limb laying on some arbs (fun rigging all fro the ground), three Norway spruce in between two houses, and going back Monday for five more stumps at the spruce job. Got home at 7:30.

Got up early and killed a ton of wasps, fully suited in a bee suit because I'm allergic and all. Mowed last night, so i might actually be able to get something done this weekend. Also killed them in the sailboat, I'm starting to get a wild hair to get that going again

I want a little indestructible plastic kayak to run the local rivers (very small scale but hey, take advantage of what's in your backyard) while they are running high due to all the rain

I hear ya. I would be planning on wearing a life preserver (hey I'm elderly) even though I,d be surprised if any of it is deeper than 6', with much of it being 3-4'

Worked yesterday doing a heap of tree pruning and hedging for a mate and then went and visited a friend. Spent a bit of time doing body work on one of the horses that is a bit stiff and sore. Had a short ride and practiced a few of my vaulting moves. Spent a couple of hrs talking about life and some differences that we've noticed in a friend that there keeping under secret to the point that me and them cant pick what it is and dont want to ask their parents whats going on for fear of them pushing us away. Spent today working on a 13 page tafe assignment with a 95% pass rate that ill finish tomorrow.

I hear ya. I would be planning on wearing a life preserver (hey I'm elderly) even though I,d be surprised if any of it is deeper than 6', with much of it being 3-4'
Just a knock on the head is enough to kill you, even in only inches of water. You can too be hold/jammed/punctured under the water by a drowned wood like a limb or an old stump.
One year I was swiming down a small river with the dive club. It was in high water (and a tad muddy) at the time because it's usually not enough deep to swim comfortably into. We could see only at the last moment some huge unattached stumps laying just under the water's surface. I don't know if they were conveniently pushed into the stream or if a flood took them from some piles on the river banks, but theses masses and the broken root pointing out in the water were a real concern. Your brakes aren't very good in the stream.

Last edited:
Back