How'd it go today?

You guys lock your doors when you leave your houses.....but dont understand why we would shoot a coyote in the yard.

Crazy.
In the 25 years I've lived in this house, I have never locked the front door.
I've also shot or trapped and gassed maybe 30 feral cats.
But I sure haven't posed for a picture with them.
So come again.

The kids use Zoom for school and Google Hang outs for school and friends.

An 85 year old artist friend and client was on her first Zoom meeting with a class of 30 or so. She joined a few minutes late and she is fiddling with the computer and hearing people pop off about how they can see one another etc and she says, I can't see any of you. They start coaching her on what button to push or whatever and about the same time her picture comes up on the screen she realizes she is in her nightgown and all can see. She is a good sport.

Stephen, is Levi going to stick with climbing you think? Need more gear?

Dave, I doubt it was simple over-pressure. Those plastic radiators have always been prone to weakening with time and age. That location, right at the inlet, is a classic point of failure, due to vibration and torque placed on the fixed position radiator from the ever moving engine coolant line.

An 85 year old artist friend and client was on her first Zoom meeting with a class of 30 or so. She joined a few minutes late and she is fiddling with the computer and hearing people pop off about how they can see one another etc and she says, I can't see any of you. They start coaching her on what button to push or whatever and about the same time her picture comes up on the screen she realizes she is in her nightgown and all can see. She is a good sport.

Stephen, is Levi going to stick with climbing you think? Need more gear?
I will be working on helping him with more gear soon Merle.
He got the HH1 I bought from Deva and the Mini SAKA for Christmas this year. He also does Ddrt with my old Hitchclimber set up. One birthday, he chose Vortex Cool, 150' hank.
We'll see what he does with it. He likes the work. He drives the mini proficiently as well. Amazes the customers when we have him on site.
The kid really has his eyes set on the Air Force (if possible) with degrees in astrophysics and possibly astrobiology. Basically wants to make it to Mars.
I just keep telling him that this is a good trade to make the money to work his way there. Vehicle, college, etc. His goal is to graduate High School at 16. I bet 17 only because I know his work habits. But he could easily hunker down and do it.

On a side note. I will be putting up his New Tribe for a kid that can use it. He out grew it. So I'll pretend to sell it and have him meet me half way on like a Buckingham saddle or something. Or another New Tribe. He needs a Mens Small.

Could be, but it's had a slow coolant leak. It was going somewhere and you could smell coolant in the exhaust occasionally. I think the gasket let go and overpressured the cooliing system. Either way thr crankcase got a dose of coolant, too. Runs great, if you don't mind that hammering noise and lack of oil pressure.:/:

Could be, but it's had a slow coolant leak. It was going somewhere and you could smell coolant in the exhaust occasionally. I think the gasket let go and overpressured the cooliing system. Either way thr crankcase got a dose of coolant, too. Runs great, if you don't mind that hammering noise and lack of oil pressure.:/:
Slow leak could be a symptom of exactly what I premised...cracking from vibration and age. Either way, doesn't really matter if the engine is toast now. Though one might consider an aftermarket aluminum radiator if you decide to rebuild. Might be worth it.

On a side note. I will be putting up his New Tribe for a kid that can use it. He out grew it. So I'll pretend to sell it and have him meet me half way on like a Buckingham saddle or something. Or another New Tribe. He needs a Mens Small.

Wondering if I have an extra thing or two I bought thinking I would use it and didn't. Has he mentioned things he would like to have some day to go along with his harness and rope?

I use zoom for workshops and lessons. Works great, even on my 20 yr old equipment...far better than anythng I've used previously.

The "security problem" is mostly people publicizing links to their meetings, then letting anyone who shows up in whether they know them or not. And of course their big competitors don't care for sharing the market so....

We only send or attend by privately sent link.

Slow leak could be a symptom of exactly what I premised...cracking from vibration and age. Either way, doesn't really matter if the engine is toast now. Though one might consider an aftermarket aluminum radiator if you decide to rebuild. Might be worth it.

I was in a parts shop that caters to muscle cars and was surprised to see well built all aluminum radiators that cost about $250 +/-.

Same price or less than plastic radiator I had bought a few months before.

Got all caught up on my property tax today. Been working on that for about four years now...seems some emergency always came up when I'd get enough saved.

nothing catastrophic that I'm aware of, so a pretty good day... :)

Sherrill still has ANSI TreeMotions on sale for 349$ Should fit down to a 30” waist...Not sure if that’s still too big for him. If I needed another, I wouldn’t hesitate to pay 510$ again.

Back