How'd it go today?

Made my grass shorter for the first time this year. There's little I like less than shortening grass. Stupid waste of time and resources.

Well Sean, Its not the twist harness. But, I think you'll like it. Built like the Tengu and Basic combined. It was sold as a kids saddle back when I got it. IMG_0571.JPG IMG_0572.JPG IMG_0573.JPG IMG_0574.JPG It is an XS, so a kids size. But it has the soft D's the twist does not.
Also. I had a Delta for it. Will work with either a Delta or Pear as I recall. Do you have a preference? I am going to do an order tonight through WesSpur and will order what ever you want as Levi wants to keep the Delta for his chest harness.
If you want to pay anything towards it, donate it to the Tree House.. I'll just put 100.00 towards Levi's new harness and make him come up with the other half and tell him I sold it. Just a couple little stains on the leg pads from food on his fingers probably. Sheesh... kids.
Obviously, the same deal as the other harness I sent out, when she outgrows it, pay it forward or what ever.
Pics....

That bucket looks like the bees knees Rich. Those standard ones are almost useless for moving chips ( I stock the porch with firewood with mine too) . What'd that run, if you dont mind my asking?

Well Sean, Its not the twist harness. But, I think you'll like it. Built like the Tengu and Basic combined. It was sold as a kids saddle back when I got it. View attachment 100290View attachment 100291View attachment 100292View attachment 100293It is an XS, so a kids size. But it has the soft D's the twist does not.
Also. I had a Delta for it. Will work with either a Delta or Pear as I recall. Do you have a preference? I am going to do an order tonight through WesSpur and will order what ever you want as Levi wants to keep the Delta for his chest harness.
If you want to pay anything towards it, donate it to the Tree House.. I'll just put 100.00 towards Levi's new harness and make him come up with the other half and tell him I sold it. Just a couple little stains on the leg pads from food on his fingers probably. Sheesh... kids.
Obviously, the same deal as the other harness I sent out, when she outgrows it, pay it forward or what ever.
Pics....
I would like that, and will donate to the TH.

I have Haley's at home that is out grown, and ready for another TreeHouser kid.
Gabrielle? @Raj

I used the last of my commodity coffee this morning, and I intended on going to wegmans this weekend to get coffee and a couple other things. The secretary was in the office, and said mandatory masks in MD starting tomorrow. I don't have a mask, and I'm not sure what qualifies. I also didn't feel like dealing with it, so I took a couple hours off this afternoon to get some groceries.

Still no toiletpaper, and cleared shelves. There were limits on stuff like beans. Crowded. Everyone was supposed to be home working, but they clearly weren't. I picked up a 2 month supply of coffee and a few other things. Got sushi for lunch, and gtfo of there. Glad I went. As crowded as it was today. I bet it'll be a disaster this weekend.

Now I need to figure out exactly what constitutes a mask...

edit:
Forgot. I also installed Lubuntu on the boss's computer today. The old install of Xubuntu got hosed during a power outage. I'm thinking there may be a hardware issue. Stuff still isn't right, and I didn't have time to hangout and play with it today. I wanted to try Lubuntu to see what lxqt was like. It's alright, but I think I still prefer xfce. I also verified his machine's 64bit capable. Could have gone either way. It's an old P4 Prescott, and reading around said some of them had 64bit disabled.

Currently have a fire going. It's been a chilly spring. My last ~4 fires I've thought "This'll probably be it this season", but I'm still burning. Love it. Nothing better than a good fire. Last bunch of years I've been screwed out of fall/winter, but cool springs make up for it a bit. Not an even trade, but beats a blank.

Last edited:
That bucket looks like the bees knees Rich. Those standard ones are almost useless for moving chips ( I stock the porch with firewood with mine too) . What'd that run, if you dont mind my asking?
$550 + tax. I picked it up so not sure about shipping. He had a used toro 54” low pro for $250 but I really didn’t like the fab of it. Knew I’d bend it up. This one is gonna get a few extra welds added as well most likely. They stitched the inside supports and I think they should be solid welded. I’m gonna have the wife torque on it while I watch to look for movement first. Could just be my over engineering brain though. My best friends dad was an iron worker and he built a lawn cart that was so beefy the mower basically pulled a wheelie when it hooked up. It worked well behind a ford ranger though. Kinda why I think things need to be stronger.
Sorry CV. Forgot to call for the weight and it’s pouring out right now. I get the dimensions tomorrow but have to wait till Monday for the lbs. I think it was around 300#’s though

Nice! What's up with that rake?
I was suppose to do stumps but grinding and cleaning them up after a wet melting snow storm this morning just wasn't a motivating factor.

$550 + tax. I picked it up so not sure about shipping. He had a used toro 54” low pro for $250 but I really didn’t like the fab of it. Knew I’d bend it up. This one is gonna get a few extra welds added as well most likely. They stitched the inside supports and I think they should be solid welded. I’m gonna have the wife torque on it while I watch to look for movement first. Could just be my over engineering brain though. My best friends dad was an iron worker and he built a lawn cart that was so beefy the mower basically pulled a wheelie when it hooked up. It worked well behind a ford ranger though. Kinda why I think things need to be stronger.
Sorry CV. Forgot to call for the weight and it’s pouring out right now. I get the dimensions tomorrow but have to wait till Monday for the lbs. I think it was around 300#’s though

If you are worried about bending it up, i would consider a few stiffners on the floor, just a few short plates welded at a 90 the length of the bucket. If it's really flimsy some on the back on the inside too. It will allow stuff to hang up more, but will be stiffer when pushing into a pile/ hole. From my understanding those buckets are usually designed for landscaping companies for loading trucks out of piles on concrete, so very little plowing type shock

It’s got stiffeners. I’m just not fond of the stitch welds. Seems that dirt could work into the gaps when torqued. I’ll get some pics and highlight my concerned areas.

In smaller gauge stuff, stitch welds are still stronger than the actual material, in fact over welding can lead to warping, thus weakening the part. Remember the welds are usually done with 70,000 psi material, almost double the material strength. The more engineered stuff actually specify the size, how long, how many, and where the stitch welds go to achieve the desired stiffness and strength. They sometimes even go so far as making a template or fixture to control it further.

I'd run it the way it is. If it breaks then fix.
I have moved well north of 400 yards of dirt and rock with mine and aside from the paint missing in some places it's still straight and solid. I just moved/spread 15 yards of gravel at my BIL'S house last Saturday with it. It's a CDI 1/3 yard light material bucket built out of 3/16" plate with 5/16" X 2" flat bar stiffeners.

That’s better than the Twist I think, can use a lanyard now. The Twist doesn’t look like much more than a really comfortable padded rock climbing harness.
Very gener

Kyle where do you put the upper limit for "small gauge stuff"? Just to know, I'll surely never consider welding big stuff.

Here's how it went yesterday. We took a hike with the boys. I have wondered often if there are boars at Sweetwater (the local State Park near us). I have often seen torn up areas that made me think of hogs.
Hayden did some bushwhacking (one of my favorite things to do). I loved seeing him immediately turn off the main trail when that new area to the left beckoned him...exploration is mighty in this one. As a result of that curiosity he made a great discovery....though Landon was not so impressed....

Back