How'd it go today?

Coyotes are quite a bit different than leopards or cheetahs. You have to kill 70 percent of the population just to keep them at their current numbers. They are highly intelligent, and will kill anything they can, including luring dogs into traps with the rest of the pack waiting. You never see them because they're that smart. There's a pack that runs the creek in my back yard, used to wake me up st night. I've heard them running deer, and killing stuff back there at night.

Got Levi up a tree today. First time up SRT. Well, these pictures are his second time up the same tree after I went up with him the first time and took some hangers out. He went up one side while I the other. Helmet comms and coaching :) First day with a hand saw too. :) He took out some smaller stuff. Closely supervised of course. ;)
Now he needs a new saddle. He had a New Tribe and he out grew it. So he was using his mom's today. Gosh they grow quick. IMG_0561.JPG IMG_0562.JPG IMG_0563.JPG IMG_0564.JPG IMG_0565.JPG IMG_0566.JPG

That's cool that you all can climb together. Is mom a worker or a rec climber?
Mom dabbled before she had some health issues with old scare tissue. Was working her into just doing some stuff around the property and even took her out on a job and had her prune some dead out of an oak way back when.
Seth tried, but height is not his thing.
Levi can do height like me, but respects it with caution.
Lilly free climbs fearlessly. But will never work so much as play.

Things are going along well. Coffee, Wood stove, kids playing in the bedroom/ bed. GF walking the dog before cooking breakfast.

Glad to be in a remote-ish area. Have often said I live in a cave.

Wondering if / realizing that high rise apartments with elevators, and many floored-“walk-ups” have to be exacerbating CV19.

Beefy!

Took out a small ash 10" BDH. I haven't done an ash in a while, not many left in the area something like 90-95% gone in the county.

Back