How'd it go today?

Thanks everyone.

Still waiting to hear from the doctor. Still in ICU, be there for another day at least. More likely two.

Her vitals look good, so they think the spleen is not bleeding too badly. Her abdomen is not distended or hard. Might be able to skip the surgery.

Punctured lung is holding air, no pneumothorax.
Thanks again for all the kind thoughts.

wow, sorry to read of your Wife Jim. Hoping the best for a quick and full recovery...keeping you all in my thoughts.

So sorry to hear about your wife's accident, Jim. I'm thankful there was some good news in today's report!

Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

They got her moved up to recovery. Seems like the plan changes all the time.

Doing okay. Clear liquid diet, get started on solids tomorrow.

If she gets through tomorrow with out any internal bleeding we should be more confidant that there is no need for surgery.

And THAT makes sense...motorcycles and ATV's with no protection or seat belts make NO sense to me.

Go-karts and mini-bikes were the fun things when I was a kid...but they were also life changing and sometimes deadly to many.

I discouraged my kids (and now grandkids) from having anything to do with such.

Sounds like good news so far on the medical front. Hoping she keeps progressing well.

I have been telling her for 4 years now that she should have a side by side. Handier and safer.

She is almost as stubborn as me though.

Just got word that she does indeed have a partially collapsed lung, but is making progress.

Blood count is dropping. Hemoglobin is too low. We will find out at midnight if she needs a transfusion.

Bit of a roller coaster.

Had a useless nurse and CNA this afternoon, but got the A team now that she had in the ICU from last night.

Good ambulance crew, my favorite ER nurse, great ICU staff. So all in all pretty.good.

I did a 2RBC donation a couple of weeks ago so it will be awhile before I can go again.

I think you can donate "in honor" of someone and that person then gets a credit toward their bill. Saves a few bucks.

Back