How'd it go today?

Spanked some more dead and dying.. My felling went to shit 1/2 way through the day. Should have just had Jason fall them ... Small stuff too.
Jason climbed and pieced two little ones out. Lady wanted the little chipper chips on those two for some thing she has in mind. Fed the other 11 or twelve trees to the big chipper. Side by side two properties. Cleared some trails to pull the brush out through. My older custy wants me to handle the big ones now if I can and gave me his other property info to look at... Mostly crown raising by the description.
I just have too much on my mind with the mini breaking down.. people slow to pay and stuff. Motor died yesterday on the mini and it aint 2 years old. ingested dirt. Screw. Oh well... new motor. My head just needs to get on straight tomorrow. Big arse pine. Have to brush it out first on the ground and then work my way up. Surrounded by manzanita and scrub oak growth....

Nothing wrong with taking a step back and re-evaluating.

Just got La Wife-a home from hospital. She shuffled off to bed, and is going to rest for a while. She is feeling a lot better, but after losing so much blood it will be a while before she is feeling chipper.

Sent he home with the good stuff, should be able to manage the pain pretty well.

Mom cleaned house before we got home.................that woman can clean!

Thanks again everyone for the kind thoughts.

Keeping you all on "the list," Jim. So glad to hear she's home!

Take care of yourself, Stephen. You've been working awfully hard lately...

That's great news Jim! Nice of your mom to clean the place too. . .

Man Stephan, I hope you've been eating well my friend. Lot's of meat and carbs. Stay hydrated. You're in the epicenter out there!

Cheers

Good news Jim!!
And yes, Stephen, get your head right before those crispy critters! We want to keep reading your posts!

I had my medium rigid drivers test today, 13tonne GVM fire truck, with 3000l of water in it...6 speed synchromesh. It was pissing with rain, round and about the small town up the road from us, over the railway lines, up the hills, tricky turns then a tool out the back country road over the washboard bumps under the macrocarpa windbreaks then a bit of reversing and blind turns, back to town and DONE!!!
I was cautiously confident but well aware this was the largest, heaviest vehicle I have ever had to drive!
$26 to upgrade my licence, ditch the L plates wooohoo!

A bonus, now I can hire a truck mounted cherry picker if I need to :)

Good deal, Fiona! Hang onto that caution. Quite a few of the LODD's I read about involve FF's turning over their tankers enroute to a fire.

My son, Alex, may have to get a CDL here. He drives their fire engine often as part of being a FF. He owns his own 1976 pumper truck...got it for $500.

And found out he cannot legally drive it on public roads since he does not have a CDL.

Nice news, Jimster.
Now wait on her hand and feet while she heals up, so she'll appreciate having a man around.

I was cautiously confident but well aware this was the largest, heaviest vehicle I have ever had to drive!
...now I can hire a truck mounted cherry picker if I need to :)

Thumbs up, Fi! You'll be driving 18-wheelers in no time!

bj-bear.jpg

Seriously, congratulations!

(Publicity still from one of the goofier US TV shows ever...)

Gave some quotes today on tree work, did some pumps in the shop. Took some time out to visit an old friend in a supervised house after being charged with domestic. Sheesh, being in your 70's and going through that crap. I did have an opportunity to speak with his wife, who pressed the charges, her story doesn't seem to be consistent. At any rate, not my battle. Did slip him some coin for an old but good running echo cs3000 he had.

Ok, we went camping last weekend...up to the Evercreech Forest Reserve where there are some really tall white gums. But while walking around I came across this...!!
My head (at 5'3") would come to just below where it flares out for the mushroom top!

Attachments

• Funky tree 1.JPG
    Funky tree 1.JPG
    482 KB · Views: 40
  • Funky tree 2.JPG
    Funky tree 2.JPG
    488.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Funky tree 3.JPG
    Funky tree 3.JPG
    524.7 KB · Views: 39
...and some pictures of the tall trees...

Attachments

• Evercreech white gum 1.JPG
    Evercreech white gum 1.JPG
    432.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Evercreech white gum 2.JPG
    Evercreech white gum 2.JPG
    465.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Evercreech white gum 3 from up top.JPG
    Evercreech white gum 3 from up top.JPG
    493.2 KB · Views: 39
No monster trees like that around here....cool bole. A local tree here has a bole like that...ground level...we call it the Bench Tree.

I would but what do I know? Vegetation looks junglish to me.

Looking up that one big eucalyptus is awesome. I really like big eucs.

Back