How'd it go today?

Yesterday had one of the four times per year meetings with the heads of the police departments. Two and a half hours of talking about this and that. Crime is minimal so it's usually discussion about safety concerns regarding traffic and whatnot. People running telephone or internet scams is another thing. Me or the nine other people can bring up anything we want, could be something that we don't like that the cops are doing. There was some discussion about the police's use of their sidearm, some demonstration of it where confrontation would apply. All the police meeting there are career law enforcement, mostly older guys not far from retirement that have worked their way up. Like a dozen cops, I asked how many of them had ever had to pull their gun, not use it, simply take t out of it's holster during an incident. They all looked around at each other. inquisitively. Only the chief of detectives had, but once. It's really a last resort, and it seems it's pretty serious trouble for them to pull a gun when it doesn't meet the strict parameters. It was an interesting meeting. One lady likes to give the cops a hard time, but she always apologies before saying her piece. :lol:

Well I'm back safe and sound. Had a great time. The weather was a bit bitter but not to bad. Horses were good, company was good, and the country/riding was beautiful. I did take some pics with my phone I'll try and get a few up today or tomorrow.

Ha! Besides cattle, a squirrel was one of the most fearsome creatures we came across.

Besides I'm Canadian, I could slap a bear silly if I needed to.

Paged out to a meth house last night where the guy had thrown ammonia and bleach all over the floors. It took forever to get him out as the staties didn't want us to physically remove him. Long night. I just woke up from an overly long nap. Feeling discombobulated. . .

Crazy!

Hey you never told us what Jesse was like (unless I missed it), do tell!!!

I flopped a maple the other day growing under the power lines.Just got tired of pruning it every other year .

I got around to cutting the stump.ground level .At 4 inches I never miss,ground level I never hit,get the cut off,cut dirt etc .I fiddled with a 24 inch stump for an hour and a half after work.85 degrees,90 percent humidity.About gassed myself from the exhaust.
Hate to admit it,I'm not as young as I used to be.

Ok. Pretty smoked from the last 2 days, 7 large trees to come out today, all over brand new septic tank and deck, oaks, leaning, easy but just alot of work. I do 3 hours straight, from the bucket, and do more than half the days work... then Im directing a piece to be landed with the bucket, which slips off the bucket and takes my saw and saw holder down the rope! Im holding on to the rope trying to save my saw, which I do but it nearly pulls me out of the bucket.. There was a friggin' tag line on the peice and to the skid steer for pulling but the idiot unties it before the piece lands because he has his earphones in listening to his music and his phone (boss!) after Im trying to shout at him to use the tagline. Land peice.

Im smoked. I take a break so then do all the guys because, you know. I send the 'second' climber to work in the bucket. He is so friggin' slow, ignorant, stupid, Irish to boot... ( I tell him what to do and he always has another way of doing it, which is always slower and wronger), anyway, he uses an olshitty company whoopie sling which i refused to use when he told me it was quicker to tie, and he rigs a log right over the no drop zone, the sling snaps.

Then he ties off a real leaning oak limb, over the house, using my big rig rings, he puts a tiny notch, and the whole this snaps and breaks and totally fucks up, but holds luckilly! Would of hit the house... I direct him to retie off the piece with another rope, and I get it down safe. THEN! He takes a big hickory top out with a 5/8? line, and instructs the ground man to have 5 wrapes, cos its so close to the house, and snaps the line. The top landed and sat square in between the cluster of tree, thank frig! and again, I get it down safe. It was hot as fick today and humid. Ryan frigged off at 1130, so there were just 3 guys. 2 absolute retared fucks, and me. and Im tired today.
The guy is sooo slow with all his rigging cutting everything, and when I shout/tell him he will always say, well, what about this.

He has a cdl which is why he has a job.
I have put up with it for 6 weeks now?

Im friggin' done.

Holy shit.

Companies like that I can't figure out how they stay in business or even got as far as they have.

I think you said oldirty left, maybe for the same reasons you mention?

That sounds bad to me, Jim!! That's some serious stuff...spleen, lung..important stuff. Ribs and lungs don't get along too well sometimes.

Take good care of her...you are going to be a busy boy.

Back