How'd it go today?

Sitting in front of the computer wasting time on forums would be my guess:lol:

MMA has a bit of a heyday right now.
Problem with that is that it is something people only do for a relatively short period, then stop.

The old martial arts mentality where you trained your whole life is rapidly disappearing all over the world.

Also people today don't have the patience to train years and years, they want to get results immediately, or they zap onto the next thing.

Man, Levi is goint to get after me for being an old fart, now:lol:

I wonder why that is? Not just with martial arts, but with a lot of things.

One of my Dad's favorite airplanes is a Belanca Super Viking. A nice, 4 seat low wing 300 horse job.

The wings were made from Sitka spruce, made by masters. Those guys retired and no one had taken the time to become proficient in the art.

I have a friend that visited Germany for a while.

He was talking about how very few people make their own bread or cheese. In fact, the places he visited we a lot like over here 60 years ago. Lots of little shops, butchers, bakers, cheese makers, wood workers, artisans in their own right.

Not all of them were old either. He asked his hosts why the people did not own a bread machine, and was told that if they did not support these people, the talent would be lost.

Kinda cool.

The old martial arts mentality where you trained your whole life is rapidly disappearing all over the world.

Imo, brazillian jiu jitsu 'bjj' is "taking over". So many people seem to try it and get addicted to it, there is so much learn and it is a tremendous workout and reasonably safe depending on where and who with you do it.
'

My bud used to make cheese to sell at the New York City Green Markets. He gave me a block to take home when I was there on a visit. I was tired from the trip and was napping on my couch. My GF asked if I wanted something to eat and made me a grilled cheese sandwich. I was eating it kind of waking up. The more I ate the more I thought, wow this is really the best grilled cheese I have ever eaten. I asked her what kind of cheese is this. The home made stuff. Beyond compare.

Who makes their own bread or cheese? It's like a buck or two a loaf? And Cheese?
None of the above Justin, my ma-in-law does that but we do our own burger, jerky and sausage. We just ground, stuffed and smoked a batch of fully organic, all natural wild hog spicy Italian last week, mighty fine.

Nice, Ray.

I didn't see that, Jim. When I log on, it goes straight to the new posts and skips the rotator. But here's to you getting a little more notoriety.

You might actually have enough material and enough spirit and perspective to put a standup act together...

I saw Wheel of Fortune years ago. It's still on! The best part of the show was wondering the off the camera relationship between Pat and Vana. Curious minds want to know!

I love the BBT, especially Penny.

the-absolute-hottest-pictures-of-kaley-cuoco-u2.jpg

Back