How'd it go today?

Jim, you have me rolling buddy. My wife describes me as "Poo Averse".
I thought the infant stuff had either overlapping or snap collars just for that purpose? I was lucky though, we used cloth diapers and never had a blowout in a onzie. Had a few "ambitious" deposits but they only got to his pants, no "up the back" episodes. We had the large square single ply, every size of multi ply (4 on the outers and 8 inner I think) and the fancy snap closure adjustable size ones with the slide in liners.

:lol: My old English Shepard used to really give me the going-over when I got home if I'd been around another dog while I was away.

I never had the chance to find that out Jim. Like any breed they have general characteristics (herding) but each individual is it's own self. My ES was the best dog I ever owned for what I wanted in an animal, and a great companion. I think most dogs are protective of their family.

The fellow that is in a swivet to give us one of his puppies has been breeding English Sheppard dogs for 40 years. He got his dogs from his dad, who brought the first pair of ES dogs to this country 70 years ago. As far as I know, they are the only ES dogs in this county. I am just going by what he tells me.

I get a big kick out of the scene when he pulls into my yard. Three dogs in the cab with him, from most senior at his side, to junior dog next to the door!

They have been his companions for 40 years, his dogs. Never married.

I would say that they pass the companionship test with flying colors!

Reminds me of when my wife and I were first married. She used to like to sit in the middle, next to me. That did not last long, really pissed off ole Biscuit, my companion for 17 years.

Biscuit used to have sit in the passenger seat but did not like it. She used to slide over and sit on Jenn's lap, working her butt down between us. Soon enough Jenn was siting in the passenger seat and Biscuit was right next to me. Jenn would look up and ask how the hell did we just switch places?

Mick, fist came here to woodworking apprentice when 22, four years then and left after to continue the work elsewhere...your former neck of the woods. Been back here twenty some. Learning the lingo wasn't too bad in an everyday workshop setting where it's all that is spoken and not understanding is no excuse. :lol: It eventually sinks in even with a numb brain such as myself. Writing and reading is much tougher, not using all those characters it's too easy to forget. People often have to help me out with that.

Well, it's a helluva thing anyway, it's not even remotely like English (I guess) so to learn it as an adult is a real achievement.
Writing is the hardest thing in another language, I need help with documents where the words are official and often archaic.

The fellow that is in a swivet to give us one of his puppies has been breeding English Sheppard dogs for 40 years. He got his dogs from his dad, who brought the first pair of ES dogs to this country 70 years ago. As far as I know, they are the only ES dogs in this county. I am just going by what he tells me.

I get a big kick out of the scene when he pulls into my yard. Three dogs in the cab with him, from most senior at his side, to junior dog next to the door!

They have been his companions for 40 years, his dogs. Never married.

I would say that they pass the companionship test with flying colors!

Is it legal to marry your dog/dogs in Montana?

I can see maybe one dog, if you kept it quiet, but canine polygamy, that's not going to fly. It's not Utah after all.

Peter, I wrote a song for my wife about her dog that mentions that.
"Can't marry a dog,
That ain't right,
But if you could,
He'd treat you right."

Pretty clever song IIDSSM, all about, how she got em as a pup, but later had to leave him behind for a while and then got him back. Totally country song, I'm sure if the right mainstream singer got it they could make it "sing."

Yup going to get worse as more unemployed are turning to treework to try and earn a living. Many have no or very little experience using a chainsaw let alone a pruning saw.

A mandatory certification statute, especially a tough one, would raise the cost of treework considerably. We're not three yet over here. Enforcement would be expensive.

I pride myself as being good under pressure, but when it comes to poo, I panic.

A farmer afraid of poop?? Wth? I asked a plumber once if he minded dealing with all the poop, he said Nah, I grew up on a farm cleaning up after animals ever day, it no big deal...;)

Sore feet tonight, through standing in the spurs all day. One tree, all rigging. Had a hundred feet of logs to rope down in the afternoon. The lower half of which I was using 3/4 Polydyne, 1 inch sling and a ridiculously oversized block. That's size and spec of rigging is super reassuring to use, but God is it ever cumbersome.

Sore feet tonight, through standing in the spurs all day. One tree, all rigging. Had a hundred feet of logs to rope down in the afternoon. The lower half of which I was using 3/4 Polydyne, 1 inch sling and a ridiculously oversized block. That's size and spec of rigging is super reassuring to use, but God is it ever cumbersome.
Was that the one on the top of the steep cul de sac? You got it all done in a day then?

I saw a sweet and very compact impact block prototype in Pitt. CMI I think...can't remember. Bomb tough and easy to carry.

cumbersome would be a polite way of describing. Put those feet up and let em rest.

Major heart drop yesterday at the Health food store, picking up goats milk for the little girl and some cliff bars for me, came out and a good amount of what looked like coolant was dripping out of my S10 around the torque converter cover.... my heart sank.... frig, I messed up the coolant mix and it froze. I drove it home and figured it's hopefully just the hoses to the heater core, they are in that location, no freeze plugs I can think of around there. Turned out an icicle worked it way back of the engine and was just melting. Nearly packed it all in, if you know what I mean. I hate this living on the edge at the moment. I don't know how many more problems I can deal with.

I'm the one who always gets up with my little girl at night (and work all day) and she had a dry cough, girlfriend didn't have a simple humidifier that I could put in my little girl's room, that was an issue for some reason. I rummaged in her basement for an old electric kettle, put some water and eucalyptus oil and the little girl had a somewhat rest full night after that. I didn't!

Never dwell on the negative Peter. Today will only get better. 8)

I never quite know what people mean by 'packing it all in' ? You've got a beautiful little girl, don't stress about things like a vehicle.

Always be open to the possibility of really great things happening.

Back