How'd it go today?

I got a big tree, pine on hillside, coming up Reg. Heavy lean uphill over neighbors place. Steep hillside with my client right on the downhill side. The old lady on the uphill has nerves of steel to sleep there. I was the first bidder because he had my name on referral. $4550 I think I said...
4 out of 7 bidders walked away from it. 5th guy said he would fall it for $3000 but would need to inflict some collateral damage and didn't instill much confidence in my client. 6th guy gave him a bid of $6500 but said he would call August LOL.
It's just hard work really.
So anyway, I got some 1 inch Sirius coming I might play with...
Rope company video coming up for me too I think.

All of this row talk I don't really relate to. Never been in a line clearance worker. I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and I don't really care about doing their work if they don't like it because I don't have to. I guess there are advantages to only dealing with people that have sought me out. I have had some interesting conversations with their neighbors though and have found myself in court even. I ask the right questions these days to see if I can detect a feud lurking.
I won't even show up to do the bid if they have a feud.
There is a guy currently begging me to show up. Sends me emails and phone calls for weeks now and I keep telling him no. Really really really wants me to wave my certified arborist badge and say that he is in the right. But he also informed me that he figured it should be about $50. Pbbbbbt. I almost enjoy how it's being strung out because I know I will never look at it.

If he calls again just ask him for his mailing address. When he asks why, say it's so you can send out a bill for $50 worth of telephone consulting.

LOL, good one. I have noticed that when someone complains about his neighbor a lot, there is a good chance that he, himself, is the problem. This guy lives over 100 miles away btw. Last time he sent a message it was full of all of the ways that I could use my trip to visit him (for $50) as a tax write off.
Seems like the move of a terminally insecure micro manager to me.

Little girl was in the hospital yesterday after school, pneumonia in her right lung, again. Then in the early evening the girlfriend couldn't stop vomiting, so she went back to the hospital, didn't come back till 7am, her father picked her up and brought her back. She has on going kidney issues since she was 16.

I've been trying to sell as much excess inventory...errr... crap that I have. Sold a few pumps, vacuum pumps, motors, anvils, vises, etc etc. One guy asked if I could drop off a transfer pump I rebuild, sure, what the hell, I need to get out to see my parent's anyway. Address looked familiar, turns out I took an oak tree down 3 years ago for him. I sold 4 stumps to grind soon as the ground drys up a bit. Not picky, just wants it a few inches below. Hope it works out, he's now somehow involved with some landscaping company.

Yah pneumonia sucks, hope she bounces back quick from it.

I had my big fellas puke all over my mud room this morning. I cleaned it all up before even having a coffee and cussed them out the whole time. Came back in the mud room an hour later. Puke all over again. I'd feel sorry for the bastards but it's because they gorged themselves on hoof trimmings last night. The farrier was here late. Moronskis are so competitive with each other that they just wolf them down for fear that the other one might get a piece more.

I'm telling yah these dogs hold a lot of grub and stuff in those bellys.

image.jpg

Well now they get to freeze their tails off in their kennel.

Not really though, I'm a softy and let them sleep inside overnight now. Thundy the all black guy is pushing eight now and seems to be getting sore. They are pushing their luck lately though.

They got in a big fight two days ago with each other and the old timer took one to the eye, lucky he didn't lose it. My buddy was here and nearly sh-t himself when they went at it. Lol.

image.jpg

Interesting Jim about a dog putting down Dcon while wearing a smoking jacket.
I did a bid a while back for this retired chemist who maybe took a shower once a week by the looks of things around there.
Anyway he was a fascinating guy. Never did give me the work but was fun to talk to while I was there. Showed me all his homemade PVC blowguns.
He was shooting rats with them as they scampered along the Service lines over his backyard.
Magazine paper and scotch tape cupped fletching. Sharpened nails of various calibration and constitution. His deadly tipped darts were distilled down from nicotine out of a bag of "harmless" drum tobacco on the table of his messy bachelor kitchen lab.

She used to love branding time. All the help were tobacco users.

Eat a calf nut, then eat a cigarette butt. She would get upset if you spit your chew out in a garbage can or somewhere else she couldn't get too.

They called her Smokey, fitting I guess. After Grandpa died I used to take her with me once in a while. We would be hauling hay and if you took a chew with out giving her some she would not stop staring at you until you shared. Got kinda expensive for a 15 year old to supply two habits.

HAHAHAHA ^^^^^ that is Americana gold folk lore material there. You definitely don't have a boring channel (in reference to that other thread)
Your stories take me for a ride. Now I want a tobacco chewing dog. Dang, now I want some tobacco.

I was never really tough enough for tobacco though, to be honest. I was the kid they described in that tobacco definition you posted earlier that had to go lay down afterwards. Unless I combined it with alcohol… alcohol always fixed everything.

It took me a long time to get used to tobacco. I was so stupid! Shoulda listened to my body!

They got in a big fight two days ago with each other and the old timer took one to the eye, lucky he didn't lose it. My buddy was here and nearly sh-t himself when they went at it. Lol.

View attachment 68225

hahaha....laughing at your bud being there when the dog war broke out...chaos and havoc. Cool dogs.

Jim, funny stuff on y'all's nicotine/caffeine loving dog.:lol:

Another day on ROW. Another crew had a home owner yell and scream and threaten to shoot. The part I was on was rather relaxed. I got to tear a shed apart with the skid loader and chip a lot of trees. It was rather boring. I can't wait for this to end.

Raj hope your little one and the girlfriend are feeling better. A couple of pots of boiled water act as a good humidifier. Just put a towel in front of the door to stop the steam from escaping under the door.

Back