How'd it go today?

Grendel, that was a cool vid.

I've been super busy lately getting ready for winter plowing here. Now it'll probably be a hurry up and wait. I've been doing a ton of horse back riding too, been really nice to have some time to enjoy those critters.

Good day today. knocked out an oak over a house with a little crane, moved to another job and roped out a little pine form over a garage & removed a weeping cherry...walked across the street and stripped three pines of brush for the crane tomorrow. I'm fine with the 5 hour day...

Justin: Pics of the Horse! Was super cool to see Stig's horse.

Dave: DANG! Sounds like you banged it up in only 5 hrs. :rockon:

So... Here are my vaunted "sunny-day" pics. :lol:

Half a day on some underbid Scotch Pines...

unnamed-260.jpg

Then over to Sammamish to do two of six dead Firs...
Took the head-leaner into the woods. Went way too low on this back-cut. :(
unnamed-261.jpg unnamed-262.jpg

Then, had to climb this slight back leaner cause there wasn't enough room to fall it.

unnamed-263.jpg unnamed-264.jpg

Had to roll the logs onto this Fir, because the ground in the woods was way too steep, and I would have lost them downhill into the houses.

Attachments

• unnamed-265.jpg
    unnamed-265.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 42
  • unnamed-266.jpg
    unnamed-266.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 42
  • unnamed-267.jpg
    unnamed-267.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 42
Looks good to me Jed. I'm always in awe of those tall trees you guys get. I know you like our broad trees we got. I'm just guessing at the different things you have to worry about with that kind of height. A bad bounce from an unforeseen rock has to be nasty

Scotch Pines always look like that! haha. They're like dying Jack Pine. . .

Spend a lot of time on the winch today, might throw up a video.

Dog and I went for a bike ride up to one of the lakes.

GOPR0367.jpg

Cheers

Yeah, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence Rich.

With rocks... the wood usually just breaks, and you're fine. It's hitting the root flares of other trees that you've gotta watch out for. :O

Man, you've gotta make sure you know where your ground guys are! And even then, they'll get complacent, and not move far enough out. :X:X

Great pics.

33 inch wheel base road rated tires and axle, 42 inch length, have a 10.5 hp engine, gotta figure out an adjustable handle setup. Not sure where I'm going, but hopefully I can get there.

IMG_20151103_165436.jpg

Hippie jumps the barricade, hopscotch debris, heads under the tree and past truck under another barricade and then just barely misses getting flattened by a 20 thousand lb loader Food bank must be busier than a library

I deadwooded this huge multi stem big leaf maple today. Freak luck that the day I booked to do the job, the rain cleared and it was dry and bright. Trying to work that tree in the rain, would've been just aweful.

I thought the job might make a pretty good video actually, something a little different. Ive always had good skills in a tree....not just blasting them to the ground.

Anyway, the footage looks like shit so far, lol.

I mounted the cameras high in the tree, first the Drift until the battery died, then the gopro. The sun and blue sky makes great filming from the ground, but not in the tree looking down. It just whites everything out. The gopro files turned out so big that I cant even watch them, I can hear it but the image is just frozen....its like the pc cant cope. Ill have to work it out.

I hope something comes out of worth. I worked pretty hard in that tree.

I hear u. Those big leaf maples can be a slimy soggy experience in the rain.
Big camera woes for me today.
It's always something, when I look over the clips and find what it REALLY looked like or maybe didn't even get captured due to camera or camera-man error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took down a medium sized Ash tree in the central part of NH yesterday that had been killed by EAB. First one that I've encountered in that part of the state, though I hear that its starting to spread throughout that county. To make matters worse, the tree was covered in big ass hairy poison ivy vines and I already feel itchy a few hours after working in it, though I know its all in my head.

Knocked out six pines with the crane this morning then 1/2 hour drive to next job with 2 dead ash and a cottonwood to remove...man, am I out of shape...6 hours and I'm too pooped to pop.

have to pack the truck, bring dog to sitter, hook up to camper and drive 2 1/2 hours and set up camp yet tonight.

Knocked out an oak in double quick time, back home to remove the sign writing off the pick up, the guy that works for me bought it then I went to pick up my brand new truck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 43
Back