How'd it go today?

Sounds like a heck of a good day to me Mick. Good job, and REALLY nice truck, man.

Brushed out and topped an absolute Firpig today. 38"x 120'. Three main tops and two subordinates. Tight quarters, com lines, TWO house drops and power lines. Ten cubic yards of chips...

Attachments

• unnamed-271.jpg
    unnamed-271.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 42
  • unnamed-273.jpg
    unnamed-273.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 43
  • unnamed-274.jpg
    unnamed-274.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 45
  • unnamed-275.jpg
    unnamed-275.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 44
  • unnamed-276.jpg
    unnamed-276.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 45
  • unnamed-277.jpg
    unnamed-277.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 44
  • unnamed-278.jpg
    unnamed-278.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 45
Sounds like a heck of a good day to me Mick. Good job, and REALLY nice truck, man.

Brushed out and topped an absolute Firpig today. 38"x 120'. Three main tops and two subordinates. Tight quarters, com lines, TWO house drops and power lines. Ten cubic yards of chips...

Good work Jed :thumbup:

Nice work, Jed. Surprised you left the cobra in place. Multi-topped trees like that get to be a mess with stuff growing everywhere.

Sweet ride, Mick.

jed I don't know how you do it everyday.
If I didn't see the pics
I probably wouldn't believe you.
your a frekin bad ass!!:thumbup: respect

You guys are way too overly-kind, but thank you very much all the same. There's obviously something in my pathetic ego that relishes an "attaboy" from you guys. My bosses certainly aren't supplying it. I've got to hunt them down and corner them like a wild animal before they would even countenance the idea of giving me a raise, but then, what else has changed in the last 500 years of tree work.

I'll confess, too that I'm possessed by a weird, "Pics, or it didn't happen," type of dread. I've heard August speak to this a little, and I suspect that it's what partly motivates Reg, and the other goPro guys. It's like a strange type of loneliness to be out there (even surrounded by friends perhaps, but friends who don't really care too much about tree work.) all day, seeing all of this really beautiful stuff, and to feel like all that comes of it is just some prosaic, bottom-dollar, financial profit.

Anyway... as "Jack" (hotsaws101) the NorCal, youtube timberfaller, of legendary, "soft-Dutchman," fame used to say... "Top of the mornin' to ya', and thanks for watchin'."
https://youtu.be/tbN1sKN7IlI

Well folks, it's been a long time since I last visited this fine group, and I must say that I truly missed all of you while I was away working.

Since I was last here I was able to complete two major fencing projects for the city of Cando. I installed a new fence around the city lime pits....behind the water treatment plant. That fence was 1200 feet. The second fencing project took place at the city dump grounds, where I put up 3800 feet of fence.

The tree work is hard to keep up with. I've traveled over 3000 miles this past month taking down trees for customers who do not want a bucket truck in their fancy yards.

So what am doing with all of money? I'm buying tree gear....of course. I just purchased a used Brush Bandit 200+ disc chipper and a heavy duty 16' dump trailer. The work I have on the books is going to require some heavy equipment......so I'm gathering it all up.

While taking down a tree in Lidgerwood, ND, an older fella approached me with a rather large project. He's got a cabin with 16 dead trees surrounding it. I'll be visiting with him next week to discuss price and other issues....such as tree debris dumping, etc.

OK...back to work. I'll try to stop in once in a while. You folks be safe.

Joel

I would gldly have trraded my day for yours, Jed.
Even as nasty as that fir looked.
We had to finish our log delivery in time, so had to log all day in rain.
I hate logging beech in rain, they get so slippery.
Sure appreciate caulks on a day like that, but even with those on, you can't help taking a fall occasionally.

We finished by 2.30 and went home for a hot shower and some dry clothes.

Stuck in the Dordogne on a two day job, in a hotel waiting for the groundy to come down so we can eat in the restaurant.
More bloody Maritime pines. I miss my dog, and my wife.

Back