How'd it go today?

The one I found on the internet said it had a 6.7 Cummins. But that was brand new.

No primary or secondary elements? Just a shirt over the hole? Yep, no filtering happened whatsoever.

That was dumb. I cant imagine a day's chipping would be worth a new engine.

If there's anyone at home they're probably paying the company to keep him there. What a dick head.

Blew a gale yesterday so I rang the dentist that I put off last week. No appointments until this morning, so that's done now and I did the marathon chip run because no one wanted any around here, then paid a big bill.

Empty truck, clean teeth and an empty wallet.

He just needed another burrito

I was thinking the same, Stephen. Time to supersize lunch!

Better get us some pics of the Oak tomorrow. ;)

That would be great. Looking forward if you have time to snap a few, Rich...

I didn't sneeze.

Dodged a bullet! 8)

...I sent our mechanic a text ( he is also our local Lt FF), and his response contained many many explicit words...
...Hoping by some miracle the engine is fine. It's been said before that the company would be ahead to pay him to stay home

That t-shirt deal is pretty shocking. Not sure what they were thinking? :? Fingers crossed that it's okay...

If there's anyone at home they're probably paying the company to keep him there.

Too funny, Steve. :lol:

We call that a sizwill, but it corresponds to the Oregonian "whizzy". Same idea...holds way more tension than a conventional hinge whenever you have side-lean or wind-load.

]

Thanks, now I see.
The back cut was so messy, I couldn't figure what way the tree was falling.
I use the same one, just made a bit differently.
Actually yours seems like a faster way to cut it, I'll try that one out.

I was ashamed of that back-cut. I kept palming a blunt-wedge into the back as I went, but I didn't have enough room. The chisels kept chattering off the tip of the wedge. :|:

Here's another rotten back-cut: too low. Dead, Ivy covered Fir that's in the second image. The third is from inside a really nice Fir that had to be weight-pruned. unnamed-162.jpg unnamed-163.jpg unnamed-161.jpg

Just to be random, I'll include a shot of the Viburnum in my backyard that I found impressive as I mowed the lawn. :drink:

unnamed-164.jpg

What's wrong with having a track installed by using grease drained or pumped to narrow and spread the cogs, the old reliable method? Perhaps he manufacturer thinks it's too messy, which it tends to be, especially with a bad track that requires multiple times per day. :|:

My oldest son (Trevier) helped me remove a tree of heaven today. Just wreck if out and leave the mess, I love those jobs. Did such a nice job we got hired to remove a pine there tomorrow, always good to get compliments about how hard my boys work

That's great. Love to see young people working hard, it warms the heart. Tree work or at a market cash register showing initiative and a lot of promise. How else do you learn your capabilities?

...always good to get compliments about how hard my boys work

That's awesome, tt.

Here's my ground crew today (11 & 9). They did really well. (If Dad wears his CamelBak, they want to wear theirs!)

i-wPRDQwQ-XL.jpg

Dang with your ground crew and mine, I bet we'd get a lot done. Mine are 12, and 15,and the 11 year old neighbor kid that insists on helping

I've also got 11 & 13, not pictured. So with your three and my four we've got some serious brush dragging ability! ;)

So with your three and my four we've got some serious brush dragging ability! ;)[/QUOTE]

We wanna do that I would even get the little ones going lol. I got 5 of my own and could probably enlist the help of their buddies. I figure that's my retirement (teach the kids to do it all and just point all day ha ha ha)

OK this is just too easy...letting it go...:/:

I'm about tired of researching vehicles to replace my old pick-up...exhausted and blurry eyed is more like it. Think I've found a few to go look at though...of course none are within 50 miles of home:lol:

Back