How'd it go today?

Spent the day taking down half of a 80ft maple, that's overhanging a house, deck, shrubs and a neighbour's fence. HO was supposed to have a few people to help, but turned out it was just him and occasionally his adult son would appear. Took a while to rig and properly instruct HO using the portawrap and working the ropes, gave him lot's of practice on some of the easier limbs and branches, not a big deal, I'm usually not in a rush. Things went very well, no damages at all.....all under complete control......Anyway, get back to my girlfriend's house and she's PO'd that "only" half the tree is down and blah blah blah I work too much, I'm always gone blah blah blah, don't spend much time together, blah blah blah I'd be up a tree all the time if I had my way blah blah blah, and she continues her "hissy fit" to her room and she watches TV by herself...... half hour passes by......

IMG2711.jpg

We spend the rest of the evening trimming her trees and shrubs, her idea......

Can't you plan the future, then have it all just go as planned??? Come on, already.

You probably didn't want to get paid and be home, done.

Sometimes work gets in the way for sure. I've been spending my weekend finishing/compiling a inventory/assessment of 21 sites for a big customer that I meet with on monday to go over it all. I've gotten some flack for it from the family but it's a big contract for me that I'm not looking to screw up. My own fault, I've been putting it off and off. Hell I only like visiting The Treehouse on a computer, doing real 'puter work ain't my thing!

No one to delegate to. I'm running short. I hate hiring 'new' strangers as my home is my base/shop. I'm a very private person for the most part.

Raj, switch to an Asian girlfriend, they never complain about dudes working too much. Be forewarned though, they might complain about you not working enough. :/:

Did it look like it was going down in slow motion?

Almost just a tad faster.

Just rented this for a week or two. Left at about 5:30 this AM to go get it and bring it back. Put it on the job at 9:30 and took down a pondo with Dave and Rob. Old lightening struck ponderosa that the beetles got in. All material gone and home by 2:30PM.
Pondo was only about 100 or so foot. Had all the brush and part of the log chipped in about 1.5 hours tops. Probably would have gone quicker had we just staged the brush and fed it solid. But I wanted to keep the ground pretty clear and try out a new toy. :D

Attachments

• IMG_20140809_095936.jpg
    IMG_20140809_095936.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 64
YUP!
Most the time we just blow the chips out into the woods though. 1.5 loads had to go though on the chips. Couple trailers of wood as well.

I chip into a pickup as well but I at least have a load handler. Do u pitch fork it outta there?

We have a special hooked fork that pulls them out quick. Kids like to make money doing it though.
Rob unloaded on load yesterday in about 20 minutes. Kids will unload the truck on this side of the property today.
Builds character. ;)

Probably a corn hook. If you bent the tines on a normal fork 90*, that would be like a corn hook. Or, a giant clam hook.

Here it is with a couple things as reference.
Mcleod and snow shovel help as well. Start with the fork though.

Attachments

• DSCF0022.jpg
    DSCF0022.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0024.jpg
    DSCF0024.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0023.jpg
    DSCF0023.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 46
Back