How'd it go today?

Yep, chunky monkey it down, lots of targets, BOTS killed it ;) lol

HO liked my work and hooked me up with 4 other neighbors down the street :)

Tough ish week work wise plus sick plus day over on one job and rainy speed lines such. Ho tip 50 bucks so took my two men for proper sit down lunch at the pioneer bbq. All the hurt goes away with a good hot comfort food
Cold beer, banana cream pie and coffee:)

Made my last phone call at 8:30 tonight and work can go pound sand until next week. The burnout is brewing in me and its only July. I have to stay motivated. I will stay motivated.....

Well if Dave stands me up on this Black Oak prune, you best get out here. ;)

It wasn't until I got on this site that I learned it was okay to call my clients HO's.
:lol:

Tough ish week work wise plus sick plus day over on one job and rainy speed lines such. Ho tip 50 bucks so took my two men for proper sit down lunch at the pioneer bbq. All the hurt goes away with a good hot comfort food
Cold beer, banana cream pie and coffee:)

Cool boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used eye and ear protection for ever. Still can't believe the things I see, like guys with concrete cutters with nothing at all let alone some tree guys.

Had too many years of "What?" when I was younger not to wear them.

Lost another two old clients and got a feeling there might be a third. Little stump job yesterday for the widow of one, and a call today from the daughter of the old guy with the dreaded macadamia. I've been going there about this time for years after he couldn't trim it himself anymore, he gave up when he was 85.

They're doing me out of a job. I keep seeing houses for sale that I've worked at when I'm driving around and know there's another one gone.:(

Geeze, BC is burning up. Any evacuations near you Squisher?

Kelowna is about 1hr from me, 2500 evacuated there. That's the most serious fire that I'm close too. Theres one other in the woods out here about an hr from me in the other direction, but it's not threatening anything besides timber. Helluva smokey week though. Just yesterday it really cooled off and rained over night, hopefully that will turn the tides.

Loaded up the old rayco for the trip back to the UK tomorrow.
Picking up the 35hp version.:D

Plus the garden's starting to come together...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 40
whoo! $80 in tips from two customers today and done at noon. Picked up another weeks worth of work this am also. :D

Now to get ready to head out to Jam with some strangers at a party and eat their food (roast pork but). 8)

y'all have a nice evening!

Attractive garden, Mick, some color mixed in with the natural looking greenery. I imagine it took some time to develop that.

I never tell my wife whenever I get a tip, she'll just get anger and say I wasn't charging enough.:lol:

Mick , those Raycos are real workhorses, same design my 2003 Vermeer 252 follows under. But Rayco had that design first way back in 1978.

In the vet's office today, I saw a stripper I used to work with back in the eighties. She was still looking good!

I would think so. She was one of the classier gals, not a ho or a cokehead like most of them.

Did strippers get good pay? I saw a vid of a stripper explaining about her experience in the occupation, first in the midwest, then relocating out to California. Very different environment out west, more a big showtime compared to not so a big deal where she started. I think she said it paid well. Out west she got into the sex bizz, and unlike the midwest more conservative, they danced in the nude. California, more like anything goes.

In '86, the best stripper made 200 to 250 a night. A lesser gal might make 100 to 150. They made most of their money hustling drinks. I had to keep track of all that and pay them (and me) every night. They could sell a bottle of the same champagne for anywhere from 20 to 500 bucks, depending on how drunk/rich the customer was. It was truly a clip joint. I would get good tips from the girls from putting a shot of vodka in the customer's draft beer.

I had a old friend named Dale I used to know back in the '70s who married a beautiful one time stripper she wanted to settle down and raise a family. Wasn't long she caught Dale in a motel room with another women, she dropped him like a dirty habit...............some guys never learn eh.

Back