How'd it go today?

Roger B, what's the word with lombardis? I have a bid request for 8 smaller lombardis, under 80' from a glance. What do you do with the material? I have a Boxer and BMG to load a dumpster or a 30 yard end-dump grapple truck option for $350 a pop.

Pulp?

Nope, Sean. Cottonwood can be sold as pulp, not poplar...go figger.. I pay Marilyn's Rccycle $600-650 per 40 yd self loading trash truck load. You got a deal!
Take it!

Sure wish I'd bid the trees right. My client gets no bids but from me, too boot. Some companies woulda said $4000, fo sho!

Bet that Boxer is sweet...and here I am, without even a poodle....... or a Hushing musky....

Those kind of people are no fun Stephen. You handled it pretty well by the sound of it. Sometimes I have a shut down day and send all the help home, just to get the things done that I cant when the help is looking for something to do.

Randy! Still ass deep in saws? Haven't seen much of ya! Did you sell lots of fish tacos?

Nice avitar pic with the kids Jim ;)

Been hot all week and the crew and I are about at odds with it.
Just a vent here... Just need to get it out.

Hot blooded or thoroughbred horse owners don't have a lick of horse sense. Mother of all gods!
Two day job. Only one tree even needs climbed. Horses are killing all the trees, bored out of their minds.
Trees toward structures and 50 percent need MA to pull into LZs, the other 50 straight felling wiht just being careful of crispy dead characters.
Horses keep being spooked.
First day horses in one area moved because HO could not move the ones on the tree I wanted to start on. No biggie.. Plan B, three good sized trees in one pasture will keep us plenty busy.
Next day, go back to finish pasture and I test the theory with a mild saw to see if the horses acclimate. NOPE. HO still does not want to move the $22,000.00 injured horse that is the easiest to spook. Has a dislocated vertebrae. Well ok then.. we will start at the bottom of the next pasture and they should be fine. We can move the horse later to do the biggest nastiest tree at the end of the day. Nope.
I was up the Black oak I had to climb and was 1/2 done and told to stop. Other horses were acting up from the stuff falling out of the tree and the 200T. frig. OK.
Clean up our mess to come back today to do the upper pasture. Explain what time we will be there.. please have all horses moved. Show up, not a fuggen thing done. I went off. I explained very sternly that this is now going to cost her more money if these trees are not all done today. She has had three days to figure this the frig out. Bad enough we have to move all the slash 1/4 mile down a fuggen dirt road to where it needs dumped.
So the first two horses (one being the injured useless $20,000.00 dressage horse) so we can get the worst done. Pull it off in record time. Fuggen chips flying! Rooster tails throwing out 20 feet cutting 36" round to be moved by the mini.. Drop another oak, another oak. The big pine was a 180 out pull as was one oak. Moving and grooving. I had given her a warning saying I would let her know within 1/2 hour of needing access to the black oak to finish. I go to give her the notice.... Can't move the horses. !!!!!!!!??????:X:?:?:X WTF! He helper (daughter) has left and she can't do it on her own or let us help.
I now have to pay Katy 2 more hours for this stupid job when we could have had it wrapped up in 1/2-1 hour.
So... tomorrow is a new day.
I was hoping Dave Byrnes (thattreeguy) was going to make it out for tomorrow or the day after and there have been too many issues about him getting here so that has been put a week out. Was really looking forward to working together.
I get a call on my way home and the brand new clutch that was just put in the Datsun has failed. I had to tow that home and now we are going to be playing the vehicle shuffle until that gets back. I put in a call to a local dealer for another truck to be searching for.
SO there is my day 3 of 3 going into 4. I just want to take the rest of the week off and work on fixing shat with a cold brew and some time in the pool ...
What is with these idiots bringing high dollar horses into an environment that is set up to lame or kill them is beyond me. GAWD

Rant done.
Sold some more work.
Good money on the way.
Ahh for the love of pete

Man, I hear you Stephen some people just dont get :(

Dont even get me going about people not cleaning up there dogs POOP :X
even when you told them the day before to have it clean.....

Nope, Sean. Cottonwood can be sold as pulp, not poplar...go figger.. I pay Marilyn's Rccycle $600-650 per 40 yd self loading trash truck load. You got a deal!
Take it!

Sure wish I'd bid the trees right. My client gets no bids but from me, too boot. Some companies woulda said $4000, fo sho!

Bet that Boxer is sweet...and here I am, without even a poodle....... or a Hushing musky....

Its great, and unfortunately, I have concerns about letting anybody else run it. I'll be getting a Wraptor soon-ish, so I can come down as needed. One step at a time. A mini would feed some wood into your chipper!

Well, 17 hours since I left home; now I'm back. long day but a pretty good one.

Took down a pine I figured for 4 hours in only 7. :|: Got paid enough to make up for the extra time though and picked up at least 5 more trees from the customer, along with several stumps and another tree form his friend.:)

Headed down to meet Pigwot (Pat) and take out some stumps for him at the Day Camp his family runs. What a cool place, nice piece of mostly wooded property on the lake. Set up to be a regular wonderland for the kids. Got to meet his Sister and Brother; Mary (?) & John. All really nice folks.

Didn't have a whole lot of time to visit as we were pushing to beat sunset but I got to hear a bit about their father and about how the Camp got started...cool story.

Didn't make it to the third job but no biggie, it can happen later too.

I'm bushed, itme for bed...

That was pretty good of you Dave.

Had my share of horse people as well.

Wind is back so stumps today, first two were ok but talk about dust on the other two. Lucky the wind was blowing away from the road.

Going to the next job someone rolled their truck and chipper on an off turn from the main road. Couldn't see much except flashing lights and a Bandit lying against the wall and the back of a truck on it's side. Chips everywhere. It's about a 20mph bend tops.

Had my share of horse people as well.

I'd better explain that in case someone or Squisher take a fence.

I used to cut fence posts and rails and when they started subdividing the old farms around here into 5 acre blocks I did a bit of fencing for the "city farmers". Post and rail, barbed wire and rabbit proof plus built a few horse sheds.

Some are still standing but the 5 acres are going slowly and now and they're cramming houses in wall to wall anywhere they can.

Hell I won't take offence, I am a horse person so I see all the types that run in that circle and I've done a lot of work for and around horses too. Same as everything in life, some people are clueless.

Yah how are things going with your horse? I'm having the best riding season of my life. My new horse has worked out fantastic, unbelievable trail mount. Not refined but has a natural confidence in her that allows us to lead out always at a good pace with no urging. Real enjoyable in a trail horse.

Still working them before they get a saddle.
Gunner needs snip in the right places :/:
Tucker needs some saddle work as a reminder and then I will ride him.
Both boys are out grazing a customers pasture right now. So are the goats.
Couple of leg mishaps have slowed down some progress. nothing major, just had to be tended to. Almost had some proud flesh going on, Katy got right on it so it would heal proper.
Tucker is not real fond of sloping rocky patches.
Gunner could GAS and eats good grass on a steep slope to rub it in what a wuss Tucker is :lol:

maybe there is a difference between horse people who own trees and tree people who own horses:/:

-take a fence:lol:

To Madrone clusters to remove today. This is the easier one. I get to keep the wood too which is nice.
qe8une5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back