How'd it go today?

Hot here, finished a couple of little jobs by lunchtime, slept on the sofa, watched the Tour de France a bit, pottered in the workshop. Just cracked open a beer.:beer:

Funny really, I never think of Budweiser or indeed any beers by their nationality, but yes, Bud is on sale here.
I miss English beer, it's very much an acquired taste, warm, sometimes cloudy, but in each pub you would have different "ales" which also change from season to season. Made by local breweries.

You can buy Budweiser pretty much anywhere, should you wish to.

:lol:

I was coming back after day one of the cliff job, passed a moored sailboat where there was a wedding in progress awww, so nice!...then heard a racket of people calling my name from another boat, it was my stepdaughter and her boyfriend and some folks, out for a swim, they'd seen me up there and wanted to say Hi...they had a cooler of cold Heiniken...bliss in a can at the end of a HOT day.

I took some photos of the old grafitti, 1898, 1910, 1914, 1922...way cool, haven't found the rellie's one yet, I think it's in another building.

Been hot all week and the crew and I are about at odds with it.
Just a vent here... Just need to get it out.

Hot blooded or thoroughbred horse owners don't have a lick of horse sense. Mother of all gods!
Two day job. Only one tree even needs climbed. Horses are killing all the trees, bored out of their minds.
Trees toward structures and 50 percent need MA to pull into LZs, the other 50 straight felling wiht just being careful of crispy dead characters.
Horses keep being spooked.
First day horses in one area moved because HO could not move the ones on the tree I wanted to start on. No biggie.. Plan B, three good sized trees in one pasture will keep us plenty busy.
Next day, go back to finish pasture and I test the theory with a mild saw to see if the horses acclimate. NOPE. HO still does not want to move the $22,000.00 injured horse that is the easiest to spook. Has a dislocated vertebrae. Well ok then.. we will start at the bottom of the next pasture and they should be fine. We can move the horse later to do the biggest nastiest tree at the end of the day. Nope.
I was up the Black oak I had to climb and was 1/2 done and told to stop. Other horses were acting up from the stuff falling out of the tree and the 200T. frig. OK.
Clean up our mess to come back today to do the upper pasture. Explain what time we will be there.. please have all horses moved. Show up, not a fuggen thing done. I went off. I explained very sternly that this is now going to cost her more money if these trees are not all done today. She has had three days to figure this the frig out. Bad enough we have to move all the slash 1/4 mile down a fuggen dirt road to where it needs dumped.
So the first two horses (one being the injured useless $20,000.00 dressage horse) so we can get the worst done. Pull it off in record time. Fuggen chips flying! Rooster tails throwing out 20 feet cutting 36" round to be moved by the mini.. Drop another oak, another oak. The big pine was a 180 out pull as was one oak. Moving and grooving. I had given her a warning saying I would let her know within 1/2 hour of needing access to the black oak to finish. I go to give her the notice.... Can't move the horses. !!!!!!!!??????:X:?:?:X WTF! He helper (daughter) has left and she can't do it on her own or let us help.
I now have to pay Katy 2 more hours for this stupid job when we could have had it wrapped up in 1/2-1 hour.
So... tomorrow is a new day.
I was hoping Dave Byrnes (thattreeguy) was going to make it out for tomorrow or the day after and there have been too many issues about him getting here so that has been put a week out. Was really looking forward to working together.
I get a call on my way home and the brand new clutch that was just put in the Datsun has failed. I had to tow that home and now we are going to be playing the vehicle shuffle until that gets back. I put in a call to a local dealer for another truck to be searching for.
SO there is my day 3 of 3 going into 4. I just want to take the rest of the week off and work on fixing shat with a cold brew and some time in the pool ...
What is with these idiots bringing high dollar horses into an environment that is set up to lame or kill them is beyond me. GAWD

Rant done.
Sold some more work.
Good money on the way.
Ahh for the love of pete

It's a shame folks won't hold up their end when you break your neck trying to do them a good job. Frustrating sometimes and hard to keep the chin up. Sounds like it's time to move on and not answer the phone the next time you see her number.

Why keep going back if horses haven't moved. Just do other jobs until she calls u and says she moved them. Plus extra charge every time she wastes your time

We slayed two poplars today..... prolly 22 yards of chips..... got some good video.... it would have taken any normal group of mortals two days to do those trees, but with this old fart in need of a walker, and the other young Jedi, Patrick, and the quite good, if not that experienced crew, and the key use of the chipper winch, we pulled them off.... not two miles away from the "Huge Ballard Poplars"
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rbtree/sets/72157606451192509/
which were behemoths, relative to these little tykes, barely 100-110 feet tall, and 40-44" on the butt. Film at 11..... but what month..lol..I'm so far behind at editing and posting images and videos, it not funny..slept 8 hours this weekend, drove 200 miles, shot the moonrise, moonset twice (sunset and sunrise, of course, too boot), at 5 different locations, and 6 stops over three days..freaking amazing! I doubt anyone got as many and as diverse images as I, or as good...anywhere....sorry, if I'm still buzzin about the trips and photos...for you FB'ers, they're at www.facebook.com/roger.barnett.96 friend me if you haven't, and also like my biz page at www.facebook.com/BarnettTreeCare

And now, I've had another freakin awesome dinner...yet again, more wild Alaska sockeye, flown in fresh, of course--I've savored it, like a king, for all but ~10 of the last 45 days....and broccoli and wild/basmati rice with olive oil...and two pretty good beers.....

maybe now I might return some biz calls.

It's in my nature to give human beings the benefit of the doubt when up against matters of this nature.
She was upset about her horse the first day because the vet just gave her the news.
Second day it was ... hey fine.. horse will settle in elsewhere and then we can wrap this up. Then the husband chimes in and shuts me down.
Third day was the proverbial straw... Now I just want my obligations met to her and walk.

Those kind of people are no fun Stephen. You handled it pretty well by the sound of it. Sometimes I have a shut down day and send all the help home, just to get the things done that I cant when the help is looking for something to do.

Randy! Still ass deep in saws? Haven't seen much of ya! Did you sell lots of fish tacos?

Ass deep? Yep. Booked up till mid Oct.

Bonnaroo was a hoot. Just got home from a Sundance.

I've been mending fence all day today. Rouge bovine that hates being in a fence.......Fun times. :)

Back