How'd it go today?

Is that your bucket?? No bucket-love in your poetry/vid??

Stephen, let us know if you hear from Thatreeguy, its been too long since he posted!

Stephen, let us know if you hear from Thatreeguy, its been too long since he posted!

I just talked to him yesterday after he got back from Colorado. He was coming here for a visit for almost a week. Unfortunately, he also had a Dr. appointment. He should be here, if all goes as planned, next week. Should be some picture worthy work as well ;)

Not only do I one hand a saw but I one spike as well...its just how we roll here in nor cal lol :laughing6:

Just finishing up pruning this liquidambar, it should look great in the spring, oh, and all those exposed roots everywhere picking up walk ways...what a great tree to plant so close to home :lol::lol::lol:

Nice pruning BOTS!:lol:

Spread out a chip pile today with the mini.

Stopped by Vermeer and picked up a few things. :/:

Busy day. Dahlia had her second dental appointment, at which she was confident and content. All 20 teeth, sorta early a bit, maybe indicating earlier adult teeth. Brushing teeth is a part of her routine twice a day, and she likes papa's Reach flosser. All was well there.

Had to grapple a bunch of small logs into the chip truck, and bucket some chip mulch around for a client's orchard. The doctor with the buried dogwood. Getting closer to finishing. New leaves on the dogwood, and flowers forming, $200 kiwi on a trellis is also doing better in the ground. Overpriced much? 2 x $200, plus $50-75 for install/ mulch. Hope they like kiwi. Really starting to look good. Worked til 630, full, full day.

Packing now for Northwest String Summit bluegrass/ music fest and camping weekend with Dahlia, and will see friends, more recent and more old.

See ya'll next week. Days without computer or phone!!!!!!

ohhhhh, I have festival envy (this week).

Have a great time Sean & Dahlia!

I have to play banjo for a band next Friday at a smaller bluegrass festival.

To Madrone clusters to remove today. This is the easier one. I get to keep the wood too which is nice.
qe8une5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truck envy!

Firewood day I have two log decks to bust into rounds and quarters. Nice mindless work no drama no HO's no clean up just a man a saw and a mini.

My lady friend came up from Schweiz for a 2 day visit, so I have tken both days off.
We have designed the stable for her horses, next week I'll put the foundation in.
I went to start knocking down the old cow shed that the stable will replace and missed a basket ball sized wasp nest inside.
I found out they were there when I knocked the first board off the side of the shed and they attacked me.
So now I'm waiting for darkness to set in ( Around 10.30 PM this time of the year) and I'll sneak down and obliterate them!

Filled the truck w/logs from a job and delivered it elsewhere for firewood...day over. 8)

Taking it easy for the rest of the week as per my bodies instructions. One little storm job and a stump tomorrow will fill the week out.

Took the ay easy today. Finished a mistletoe removal I was going to do if we ran short on the big black oak. Since Dave should be here next week, I got this out of the way and now I can bill it out.
I'll fill in with something else if needed. Found a dead one we can drop and butcher real quick if needed to make a full day.
Kids came up and played with the neighbour kid on quads. Nice breeze and shady, beauty of a day.
Kids are in the pool now and I have to get ready soon for the shooting range. Last 4H sharp shooting meeting. I'll bring some extra toys in case we go long :/:

Started Alaskan milling again after what must be over ten years not operating the thing. Had to do some repairs. Cutting a big Chestnut log. Stuck on my 880, never used it for milling before, always the 076. At this rate I could die with the big saw in a relatively unused condition. Not much call for it these days. Interesting to see how it works for milling, only one slab yesterday as a test. The 076 has very good torque. The 880 has the displacement, but torque? It still has to work in, maybe I have three tankfulls of gas through it since new. Guess I will get it dirty.

5e3y8eqy.jpg

This is my dad this morning beginning to process the wood I brought him yesterday from those Madrone removals I did. He was wearing shorts. I made him borrow my chaps. I couldn't get him to wear eye protection though. He told me he only wears glasses when he's reading. I mumbled something while I was walking away about not being able to read without eyeballs. Why is it that so many older people don't understand that armor is kind of cool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made my last phone call at 8:30 tonight and work can go pound sand until next week. The burnout is brewing in me and its only July. I have to stay motivated. I will stay motivated.....

Back