How'd it go today?

I sat around all day minus a trip to the diner with Court for breakfast. The kids were at her sisters. I want to sit still until Monday if I can. I am overwhelmed with work. This week could be a real knock out week if things go smoothly. Monday we are doing an all day deadwooding job and Im going to saddle up for it. I did climb last week for the first time in awhile. I still got it. Ran up an 80' red oak, wrecked it nice and smooth and tag lined logs off on my way back down. Ive been feeling a tiny bit better lately with my back and think i'll be alright to try and get some decent saddle time in beside my climber on Monday.

I was out with a back injury for nearly six months. Now every time I have a little twinge back there I get nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where's Merle?

Thanks for asking Sean. Have had the good fortune of lots of work. Will be back more when it slows.

I have been using the Cool Vest (not an evap vest.) I love it from 80 deg on the ground in open sun and have been in 85 - 92 deg weather in the trees and on the ground. Five extra pounds is not an issue to climb with and allows me to push harder without overheating. Yet to see how I do in 100 plus days. Will keep you posted.

I opted for getting three sets of cool pacs instead of two. I don’t carry water in the dedicated Cool Vest cooler just a frozen gallon jug (takes longer to recharch a cool pac) and I figured sooner or later I will cause one to leak. This way I won’t ever be without the vest when I want it. I feel like it is paying for itself in increased efficiency. Thanks again Butch and all the frontrunners on this.

Terry and Jerry B should be on their way back to the motel ...
Just a really nice dinner and visit with loverly people :)
SO good to see them again. They will be headed up to high country tomorrow..

I was out with a back injury for nearly six months. Now every time I have a little twinge back there I get nervous.

Three months for me, and about six weeks a couple of years ago. I get nervous as well.

Funny story Stig.::D

I don't wear glasses but last year I was having trouble reading, blurry eye. I thougt it was just dust from a paper bark but after a few days thought I'd better have an eye checkup.

He was quite surprised and said there was nothing wrong and I didn't need glasses. Still blurry so I got a shaving mirror and had a close look, rogue eyebrow just touching my eyelash. Snip, instant cure. Eye doc, $300.

7.5 miles, 4500 elevation gain, 18 pitches of climbing. 2 weeks till high sierra.
Can't wait for low humidity and cool nights.......

Took the boy and his buddy for a nature walk today. Walked most of the lake ( Deer Lake Park ), rode the carousel, A&W take out burgers and fries picnic in another park and FIFA World Cup final match with chocolate chip mint ice cream when we got home. Great way to spend the morning on a hot summer day

Attachments

• 20140713_104729.jpg
    20140713_104729.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20140713_105754.jpg
    20140713_105754.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 20140713_104443-SMILE.jpg
    20140713_104443-SMILE.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20140713_113010.jpg
    20140713_113010.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20140713_123148.jpg
    20140713_123148.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20140713_105051.jpg
    20140713_105051.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 47
Took my daughter kayaking this morning, just out of the sannich inlet. Shes only 5, so was a bit wary getting in, but happy thereafter. Got up to 31c earlier, great day to be on the ocean:thumbup:
IMG_20140713_105143.jpg IMG_20140713_113824.jpg

Nice days with the kids gents! Where is this cougar park you mention Paul? Just kidding. I had a great day with thing 1 and thing 2 yesterday. Quick boat ride to the beach and plenty of sun, just no camera.

This is where I'm going to work tomorrow, I'll be there all week, casuarina culling.
It's called Castle Island, site of some of the oldest stone fortifications in Bermuda, date to the 1600's. The trees are destroying the cliffs (nesting habitat for long tailed tropic birds) and the stone fortifications.
Conservation Services hired me to do the ones down the cliffs, they're doing the ones on top.

BIG shout to Gary aka Pantheraba who arranged to source and send me a 150tc for the job, got it in the nick of time! Loads of saplings, 200t would be overkill and too many for handsaws...more pics on my 150 thread

Attachments

• P6060105.jpg
    P6060105.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 44
Good luck, Fiona. Sorry that you have been exiled to the outer island, though. LOL.

Are you going to be cutting down those trees on the cliffs, crashing them into the sea? Most seem to have favorable lean.

It's beautiful out there so no hardship!
Yup, into the water. It's fairly deep with not many rocks close in so the tide should take it all out in a week or so I reckon. Casuarina sinks, so they can be fish habitat for a while too.
Got to come and go by boat every day, bit isolated to camp and no fresh water source. They managed to get a chipper barged over and lifted up there for the trees up top, wonder what that cost them!?

Side story, years ago in one of the fortifications (called the Devonshire Redoubt) we found some grafitti, one of my husband's relatives had scrawled his name, he was killed in France in the first world war, must have been on a picnic before they shipped out...

RegC, nice one, you aren't far from me, I will wave at you next time I hit Whidbey Island to camp out. :)

Back