How'd it go today?

We're in for a second streak of days in the 90's this summer. Hot. Next year, we'll have cool vests, or something. Anyone tried any of the evaporative cooling vests?

Got to play with a stump grinder today... proved that Ive got a lot to learn. But got all done in time to take my boys and wife to the fair. Made the whole week worth it.

Did great for the first time on one...only killed it twice. :P If it hadn't run into stone twice earlier you'd have made it through the Ash a lot easier.

New teeth on the way....I appreciated the breaks from the machine.

Had a fairly large norway spruce to drop, all covered in ivy.
It pretty much looked like a giant Q-tip.
I had to drop the upper third in oder for it to fit the lay.
Shot a line clear across it with the big shot, bulls eye in first try.Did I ever feel lucky.
Pulled a ½" bull rope across the top , tied it off and SRTed up it.
Used that rope to pull my own SRT rope up, rapelled down and tightened the bull rope with a 3-1 pulley setup, enough to pull the top over + some.
Then a quick SRT up, off with the top, rappel down and knock the rest over.
I was out of there in 1½ hours, including having a cup of coffee with the owner.

If I had done that old school, I'd still be there.

I had a weird thing happen to me today.
When I got up this morning, I couldn't focus at all with my right eye. My eyesight is a little fuzzy in the morning, sometimes ( Getting old!) but always both eyes.
I fugured it would get better and went to work.
Home again, I tried to read the paper and still couldn't focus at all with my right eye. I started thinking about brain tumors and actually got a little worried.
Then I went to make a cup of tea, and when I came back and put on my glasses again, I realized the right side glass was missing.
Sam had knocked them off the bed side table this morning. I found the missing glass next to the bed.

Yesterday I finally got the final numbers for the wood we've been logging all winter, so today I could send a final bill.
After paying wages and all that shit, we are still 50 grand ahead.
It has been a really good season. We certainly deserved our company outing to California:)

I had a weird thing happen to me today.
When I got up this morning, I couldn't focus at all with my right eye. My eyesight is a little fuzzy in the morning, sometimes ( Getting old!) but always both eyes.
I fugured it would get better and went to work.
Home again, I tried to read the paper and still couldn't focus at all with my right eye. I started thinking about brain tumors and actually got a little worried.
Then I went to make a cup of tea, and when I came back and put on my glasses again, I realized the right side glass was missing.
Sam had knocked them off the bed side table this morning. I found the missing glass next to the bed.

hahahahahahaha hilarious! My whole family loved that story. Sounds so much like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing you were not having a stroke Stig! I can see how you would be worried.

County fair time again. Kids rode all the rides, looked at all the animals, rode some ponies, had a good time. I did as much as I could stand, had to get out and ride dad's motorcycle when I could to ease the suffering!

Demolition derby tonight, mom, wife, kids are going, I will stay home and get some hay baled. The hired man is raking it together now after the big storm we had a day ago.

Rode dad's bike through the fair yesterday. Was not supposed to do that but I have been getting the silent treatment from the Chamber of Commerce ever since my band put on a free concert in a bar that does not send extortion money to the chamber of commerce. My band has never been asked to play over the fourth of July for any of the festivals or all class reunions, even though there has always been several native son's in the band. So we put on a F*** the Chamber of Commerce gig. Now the city "fathers" are pissed at me. So I rode the bike down the center of the Midway and dared them to say something. No one did. I can be an asshole sometimes.

Good thing you were not having a stroke Stig! I can see how you would be worried.

County fair time again. Kids rode all the rides, looked at all the animals, rode some ponies, had a good time. I did as much as I could stand, had to get out and ride dad's motorcycle when I could to ease the suffering!

Demolition derby tonight, mom, wife, kids are going, I will stay home and get some hay baled. The hired man is raking it together now after the big storm we had a day ago.

Rode dad's bike through the fair yesterday. Was not supposed to do that but I have been getting the silent treatment from the Chamber of Commerce ever since my band put on a free concert in a bar that does not send extortion money to the chamber of commerce. My band has never been asked to play over the fourth of July for any of the festivals or all class reunions, even though there has always been several native son's in the band. So we put on a F*** the Chamber of Commerce gig. Now the city "fathers" are pissed at me. So I rode the bike down the center of the Midway and dared them to say something. No one did. I can be an asshole sometimes.

Haha, love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sat around all day minus a trip to the diner with Court for breakfast. The kids were at her sisters. I want to sit still until Monday if I can. I am overwhelmed with work. This week could be a real knock out week if things go smoothly. Monday we are doing an all day deadwooding job and Im going to saddle up for it. I did climb last week for the first time in awhile. I still got it. Ran up an 80' red oak, wrecked it nice and smooth and tag lined logs off on my way back down. Ive been feeling a tiny bit better lately with my back and think i'll be alright to try and get some decent saddle time in beside my climber on Monday.

Hope you have a great week Chris

haha...Stig your cracking me up...:lol: Glad you came out well on the logging

Just got home from playing a Gospel gig. Show went pretty well, lots of compliments after our set.

Rest of the weedend consists of either the couch or the chair.

hydration and a hot shower in the morning and after work, maybe, Chris. Don't overdo it. (you know that, but its hard when you're the boss, paid on commission). Start slow and warm up. Heal UP!

Submitted a few bids, did a little maintenance, and a firewood delivery. Busy, busy, busy, but things are all up and running, except the old grinder that I dislike, and my 192t, which I was missing a lot this week. 200t was way overkill and heavy for all the long reaches.

Gonna hang with my lady friend later.

Mid 90's again.

Forecast to be hot as hell next weekend, 106 in North Plains , OR where I will be with Dahlia, at Northwest String Summit 2014. My break, and my sorta birthday present to myself. First time in 7 years or so that I won't have Amy along. Dahlia has gone since she was 3 months old, so twice. This will be her third. Very, very family friendly, with anything goes after dark. Main show will end at 12 or 1am Fri and Sat nights, with music playing until 4am at a little acoustic stage, and plenty of camps with music circles.

Sounds like fun Sean.
Pool is done. Last bit of the sand filter I bought all hooked up now. Little over kill. 4000 gallon pool filtering through something rated for 20,000 LOL
Oh well, maybe I won't have to run it as long :/:
Kids are thrilled to have it all filled up.
Terry and Jerry just rolled into town, I will go meet them at about 6 PM

How did it go two days ago...

Started teaching my daughter and granddaughter how to climb. Started them in the morning on a DdRT and foot ascender setup. After I was confident the gd was safely handling descending with the hitch, we added a knee ascender. She's a 16 year old natural.

After lunch I switched her over to a SRT rope walker/HH setup. I didn't expect to advance her that fast but she learned quickly, never had to have anything explained twice and was always calm and collected...who knew? For the next two hours she was up and down 35' in a red oak, hanging to rest instead of coming to the ground.

They're coming back down next week and after a refresher and a bit more training, I'll see how how high she wants to go in a 100' white oak. I'll be able to climb by her side on another rope.

I'm one very impressed and proud grandpa with a new climbing buddy.

Back