How'd it go today?

Cut down trees, finished at 1pm, 2 hr drive home, slept a bit on the sofa, watched. TV with the wife, argued with the wife about her constant yakking, waiting now to go up to bed, I am in big trouble.

Whole day full of very happy customers.:D All paid up and picked up a few more days of work there to boot.

All in all a good day.

The typhoon left and now we had a fairly big earthquake, again right in front of the damaged power plant where the very big one was. The resulting tidal wave was only a few centimeters this time, though. Life is good....

Cut down trees, finished at 1pm, 2 hr drive home, slept a bit on the sofa, watched. TV with the wife, argued with the wife about her constant yakking, waiting now to go up to bed, I am in big trouble.

Women are funny, my girlfriend took some sort of "b*tch test" on facebook and asked me what I thought her score was, I mentioned it'll probably be in the high 90's...... poof, she's upset with me....

August, great story...

Gotta hunker down and hammer on!
Some people just can't give in...

Jay glad you weathered a typhoon and earthquake, sheesh.

Work wise, today we restructured some 4 crabapples that had been rounded over with a hedger for the last 10 years of their 25 years.

We created trees from bushes.

I felt like maybe I wasn't cut out for tree work after all and I had only just deluded myself. (for the last 28 years).
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate, to say you were being hard on yourself would be an understatement. Almost sounds like you had mini meltdown of sorts:). People not showing up when you need em most is part of the job. Its stressful, but out of your control. You just have to believe that you're the best man to salvage the situation, and not be thrown off your normal game. Sounds like thats just what you did though....after the early wobble.:thumbup:

Your a funny guy without trying to be august. Thanks for the honesty.

Got to play with a stump grinder today... proved that Ive got a lot to learn. But got all done in time to take my boys and wife to the fair. Made the whole week worth it.

Work wise, today we restructured some 4 crabapples that had been rounded over with a hedger for the last 10 years of their 25 years.

We created trees from bushes.

Good job, but God, that must have been nasty, they musta been borderline impenetrable.

Mate, to say you were being hard on yourself would be an understatement. Almost sounds like you had mini meltdown of sorts:). People not showing up when you need em most is part of the job. Its stressful, but out of your control. You just have to believe that you're the best man to salvage the situation, and not be thrown off your normal game. Sounds like thats just what you did though....after the early wobble.:thumbup:

Yes, Augie and Reg, good posts. When guys don't show up and you are under the gun with your schedule, it causes some heavy duty, industrial strength stress, imo. Good job, Augie.

Women are funny, my girlfriend took some sort of "b*tch test" on facebook and asked me what I thought her score was, I mentioned it'll probably be in the high 90's...... poof, she's upset with me....

Reminds me of a story my mom told me where she pointed to a lady walking ahead of her and my dad. My mom asked him,
"Does my butt look that big?"
My dad's response;
"Oh no, yours looks much bigger."
My mom told me that story at least 20 years after it happened so I'm guessing he was in the doghouse for a while.

Thanks Reg. Yeah, well there is a little bit of a backstory as to why I think I was affected so much. Part of the backstory (besides a ton of annoyingly well-placed little problems that I haven't mentioned) is that I have been working on a new video that showcases tree work again, but also poetry that I wrote. I am basically going on in the poem about how I was made for tree work, blah blah blah. Basically that morning was enough of a perfect storm to make me feel quite mortal and ordinary and embarrassed for going on about myself so much. After a few bull's-eyes I realized that I was definitely quite qualified but not in the never wavering James bond sort of way but more in a, trudge on realistic make it happen sort of way.

I am basically going on in the poem about how I was made for tree work, blah blah blah. Basically that morning was enough of a perfect storm to make me feel quite mortal and ordinary and embarrassed for going on about myself so much. After a few bull's-eyes I realized that I was definitely quite qualified but not in the never wavering James bond sort of way but more in a, trudge on realistic make it happen sort of way.

Re: your videos - stick to being badass. Don't go all deep and slushy Aug....or I'll be un subscribing.

Back