How'd it go today?

The time of year for the Giant Asian wasps to be out hunting with a vengeance. I saw three yesterday and killed two that flew into the shop. It seems like there hasn't been time for them to grow to maximum size yet, so the heavy dive bombers haven't appeared. I want to send them, Butch, but in the agony of death throws they shrivel up to not impressive. I need to capture one live and freeze it, maybe that would keep it's size.

Oopsie, dropped three coconuts into a pool...the bunch hit the grass and broke up, plop, plop, plop...bubble bubble, down they sank. The pool guy got them out, I offered to put on my bikini and go get them...he hesitated.

At least we got to drink the rest of the bunch, very refreshing, pure coconut water straight off the tree, out of the nut!

Been a day of it. Just finished a three day stint felling dead oaks in a creek bed, yarding them out and cleaning out the creek. Then pruned two ash that should just be cut down and replaced. Hard to polish turds. Frustrating. Got paid and set Katy up for tomorrow with a spray job. Took her for a tour right before she went to work tonight after coming off the job with me. Ran to town and got the Glyphosphate and some other stuff. Client called cancelling the cabling job I just ordered supplies for:?:|:
Cook dinner and bathed the kids. I am whooped.
Mistletoe tomorrow..

Well, no more stumps in that neighborhood...I'd no more than finish one place and someone would walk down and hire me for another. All paid cash at end of the job except the original guy I went there for...he wasn't home (said he would be there :|:)

go home & took off for and hour drive to pick up a little screw that fell out of the tuner on the banjo I'm taking to sell tomorrow, and can't find. Guy at the music store didn't charge me for the screw...said it wasn't worth the time to write it up. SO I GOT IT FREE! (minus $40 in fuel :cry:)

I used to have a guy that would work on my basses and amps. He was in the back of the music store. I figured out what his labor rate was one time, $7.00! Glad you got your banjo running!

Got done surveying the damage from last nights storm. Trees caught a lot of hell, but some leaves left. Lotsa branches gone and windows broken. Hay crop severly damaged by hail, all 1400 acres of it. What little winter wheat that did not winter kill is now hailed out. The spring wheat crop that we just about finished with will have to be re seeded. Four inches of rain in thirty mins, large hail, and horrible wind. Winds gusted to 75 mph.

Farming sucks.

Going to the big city of Billings for a couple of days. Kids will go to the water slides and I will cool off for a couple of days. Medicine Hat was all booked up, something going on in Canada this week?

Insurance helps some on the winter wheat. They will pay you cash to replant, or you can just take the money. It never makes it like you had a good crop, it just lets you make your payments to the bank.

The spring crop was not even out of the ground all the way. There is no insurance for that. You just have to buck up and buy more fuel, and seed. The bad part is that the later and later it gets, the potential for a nice crop goes way down, which sucks because you had to pay to seed it twice.

Our hay insurance does not pay until we have a total loss, so no help there because I figure the hay got damaged about 40%.

They gave me a TENS unit to use on back at physical therapy today. I got to take this one home. I love this thing. Ive got it crankin so hard I think smoke will be rolling off my skin soon. It was their consolation gift. Sort of like "we acknowledge that PT isnt what is helping or what you need, but the othopedist requires you deal with us 3 times a week for six weeks before he considers an MRI and proper treatment. So heres some relief to compensate for the pain we inflict on you here. Smell ya later, tree rat".

a friend of mine took this picture yesterday, in Mountain View, AR. He and one of his co-workers were driving by and had to circle the block. It's a guy cutting down a tree in his backyard. The cops showed up, telling the guy he couldn't do what he was doing. He told them to go to hell it’s his property and his tree. I wonder how he made out 10291073_10204196499057299_4617303862793753694_n.jpg

Back