How'd it go today?

Jim, rest well & enjoy the family time.

Stephen, nice shots! Cool tree.

Worked on the mini a couple hours this a.m. ground 2 stumps, moved some dirt, towed a few stubs & root balls up the creek bank to cut up & burn rather than have them fall into the creek.

I got bit on the arm by a turtle today. I was only trying to help it. Proper locked on to my wrist. And hurt.

Dayum! I hope it wasn't an alligator snapping turtle!!! They won't let go until it thunders...

Dayum! I hope it wasn't an alligator snapping turtle!!! They won't let go until it thunders...
I'm sure it wasn't, but it felt like it:)....hung on for about 15 seconds with me trying to pull it off with the other hand. As much as a shock as painful as it had been so passive and slow up until that point, and then bam ! Too quick for me to react. My kid was shocked too but in the next breath was staggering around laughing. We found it up near the road in some distress, some 400 yards from the lake. It snapped as I was about to put it back in the water. I guess my arm got within striking range for a second. Lil focker.

I've concocted a scheduling plan that might give me a couple of days a week off.

It will be mid August before it starts kicking in, but it allows me to do four saws a week, and take my weekends off.

I've not be able to do that in several years now.

Wish me luck.

trimmed one White Oak and removed one today. Both over house.

Zip lined everything down; worked sweet. Would have gone even better if it wasn't for the wind and buckets of rain; came in just as I had got to top of the removal and unless it thundered I was finishing...got soaked but just stumps left to do now.

Glad I carry extra clothes, it was a 50 mi. drive home, didn't need to do that wet...

I forget spare clothes. I started my day last week by dumping the contents of an oil tank of a 660 down my pants.......

Like most tools, best way not to need spare clothes is to have em with you at the ready.:?

When I was a logger I kept spare clothes behind the seat of my skidder. I assumed on any given day I was likely to take a diesel bath, a motor oil bath, or a hydraulic fluid bath.

It was really hot here today and the yellow flies are as thick as I've ever seen them. I climbed to the top of a live oak and set my TIP to do a limb removal over a carport when I had a sudden stomach pang and knew I didn't have long. I bailed out, jumped out of the saddle, grabbed some paper and ran into the woods. When I came out my ground guy asked me if there were any yellow flies out there. I said no, the mosquitoes ate 'em all. My backside looks like I got shot with birdshot.

Pruned oak a black oak over a deck today.. Came out really pretty. HO loved it. I was supposed to cable a limb on one behind the house as well tomorrow, but now I am just removing the limb. Oh well. Do a little extra to the tree and still get my money out of it.

Yeah the things we do for money.

My absolute favourite job yesterday, trimmed a Photinia hedge followed today by my other favourites a Leylandii and a Golden Cypress removal.:(

You'd think in a country full of gums I'd get to do one now and again. Probably my own fault for removing so many already.:|:

Got paged out for a tree fire at 1900 hours. Threw in the big saw and headed to the tree. Uhh......no. This tree was WAY above my pay grade. 8 feet dbh cottonwood. Most of it was rotten but it was three main stems that did not separate until ten feet up. Parts of the tree where everywhere and had numerous widow makers in it. I was in command so I had dispatch call the chief in the next town. He is an old time cottonwood killer. Took us four hours but we got it on the ground. Cleared the scene and noticed a glow to the south. Called dispatch and headed out to find three crude oil tanks on fire at the oil field. 200 barrels of oil burning. It is now 0340 hours and I am going to bed. Sorry but no pictures of the tree.

Loads of work on, I haven't worked this hard sustained for a long time!
Two days on, two off (public holiday) , six on, one off...climbing every day, revisiting some topping repairs I did three years ago, the HH is really worth its weight in gold right now. Remembering when I did these trees DdRT, it's a lot easier this time around.
Working in Oz has improved my game for sure.

Got a week's worth of casuarina reductions coming up. Been trying to figure out a pulley system to help drag the branches up the sand dune hill they are growing on. No access for any machinery, nothing but uphill in sand...done it by hand twice before, nearly wrecked my groundies and me, NOT going to do it like that agin if I can help it! I'm thinking of a Z rig type setup, choke a bunch of branches and haul away.

Back