How'd it go today?

It is a little gadget that has wires that connect to pads that stick on your skin on your back. It sends a variable flow of electricity that shorts out the nerve pain signals to the brain.

worked for a guy years ago who was about 70. He always said you guys got it easy back in my day we used to remove trees with ladders. He said they never had buckets. climbing saws, etc. So maybe this is what he was talking about

Someone did post it a couple of weeks ago, story is here.http://elitedaily.com/humor/84-year-old-man-cuts-tree-photo/

It's got to be true it's on the internet.

There is a good old one on the Rotator that's real, not so sure about this one.:scratch:

old-time-tree-work.jpg

Were you already planning to leave before the storm hit? Seems counterintuitive to me to be taking off for a few days if you've just suffered a financial blow and presumably have lots of work and new planting to do?

No, we were not planning to go before the storm hit. But we have at least three days before the fields dry out enough to even think about getting back to work. So instead of sitting here and getting more pissed with no way to seed for a couple days, we are taking a couple of personal days. The kids and the wife have not been off the farm for eight months. We got a chance to recharge!

I am actually pretty caught up. The cows are on grass, and most of the fencing is done. The seed is ready in the bin. With a re seed operation you dont have to put down any more fertilizer so both tanks on the drill can put down seed, if we double shift it we should be okay, once it dries out that is!

No, we were not planning to go before the storm hit. But we have at least three days before the fields dry out enough to even think about getting back to work. So instead of sitting here and getting more pissed with no way to seed for a couple days, we are taking a couple of personal days. The kids and the wife have not been off the farm for eight months. We got a chance to recharge!

I am actually pretty caught up. The cows are on grass, and most of the fencing is done. The seed is ready in the bin. With a re seed operation you dont have to put down any more fertilizer so both tanks on the drill can put down seed, if we double shift it we should be okay, once it dries out that is!

Cool. Well enjoy yourself then, and worry about the work when it all dries out.

Lifted a couple incense cedars off a roof today. Only had to go up 50 - 60 feet though... Made quick work of it once I got a line in the first one. All those down sloping branches and tons of dead made it interesting to say the least.
So Seth went for a walk behind the place after it was pointed out that there was obviously a huge oak across the creek...
What he found was a behemoth of a Valley Oak. 10 foot (120") DBH approx and all of 100 foot high.
The root flare was magnificent.
Some fodder. Enjoy :)
IMG_0440.jpg IMG_0449.jpg IMG_0450.jpg IMG_0451.jpg IMG_0455.jpg IMG_0458.jpg IMG_0459.jpg IMG_0461.jpg
Lilly and her mom were taken with the meadow of wild flowers.

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 58
I bet the native Americans were grinding acorns from it for almost a millennia....
We found stone grinding holes and some shards of obsidian close by... Old camp next to the creek.

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 50
Back