How'd it go today?

I'm a little down today, it's my son's 17th birthday, but he ran away when he was 15 and a half, to live with a girl, eventually moved with his mother, which is not a good place. I have legal custody of him since 2006, but he wanted to quit school and play video games all day, and I felt he could do better with his life..... at any rate, he's still not in school, possibly throwing his life away at worst case......

Can't even get a climb in today to destress, way too windy.....

I'm a little down today, it's my son's 17th birthday, but he ran away when he was 15 and a half, to live with a girl, eventually moved with his mother, which is not a good place. I have legal custody of him since 2006, but he wanted to quit school and play video games all day, and I felt he could do better with his life..... at any rate, he's still not in school, possibly throwing his life away at worst case......

Can't even get a climb in today to destress, way too windy.....

Wow, that's some rough stuff to navigate for sure. No pun intended but seriously "hang in there." An example of diligence will still shine from the past when he's more teachable in the future. Hope you get the opportunity to tell him happy birthday today somehow.

Live to Inspire

Happy birthday to your son.

I hope he gets his crap together. That's family, always offer the open door, help him however you can.

Finished stumps on job up north & got paid, bid 2 jobs back near home and got them both scheduled to do. Picked up another day climbing for another contractor.

The schedule improves...:)

One down note...while riding through field w/land owner we ran over a fawn with the four wheeler. Made a heck of a noise. Couldn't tell if it was hurt or scared so we left it for Mom to take care of and went on our way.

My new climber made it 3.5 hours today before i decided he wasnt a good fit. never made it into a tree. He is a mess in life and cant stay out of trouble. I wish him well, but i cant take on the headache or liability. In and out of jail, 4 DUI's, kids all over the state, etc. Im not judging him, but Im not making him my problem either.

Yeah but how bout poor everybody else who has to interact with this gentleman. I hate to sound all hard core conservative but Chris's thumbnail description of this guy is that he doesn't give a shit about much of anything except doing as he pleases.

Poor fella? 4 DUI's..... he is a threat to society. 3 or 4 kids all over the place that have a father that bounces in and out of jail because he allows alcohol to remain his priority over making good choices and being a productive member of society. I dont pity him. I pity hard working folks like your friend Mike, that have been dealt a bad hand out of their control. I never pity people that repeatedly make the same bad choices.

Hey, I wouldn't hire him either. I just feel bad for people who wind up with a life like that.

I'm thinking I should fire myself and then I could go get a real job. I cut 21 5"x18" rafters in the last week, and 13 of them have been rejected due to hidden defects in the logs.:|:

Hey Chris, are you still thinking of getting a skidder and logging this winter?

No. We are house shopping like crazy right now and that will tap me out finacially for a bit, and Im also going to try and buy a tow behind grinder this summer. That and I just upgraded chipper, bought mini/bmg, and dump trailer, and had website built and new logo designed. I cant even pretend like I can buy a skidder this year. i was going to, but then i decided to invest hard into the business this year and try to charge full steam ahead.

4 DUIs is radical. Usually people get the message after one or two. Must be some psychological thing about inability to have self control going on. It may not even be his fault, i'd feel sorry for him if that's the case.

You wouldn't get four over here, you can loose your licence after one or two depending how much over the limit you are.

There was a bad car accident around here a few years ago. A woman was killed by a drunk driver. He had either 6 or 7 dui's, but in different states, and was driving without a license at the time.

Back