How'd it go today?

I hear some athletes do a hot, cold, hot, cold type of thing to flush their muscles.

I"da gone with a puff and run.

Where did you climb? Do you use a one-way device to prevent the chance of a leader being pulled off from below. I have done extremely limited simulclimbing in Yosemite in the way back past, or so 8-9 years seems.

Jammed w/4 guitar players 'til 3am this morning. All set to play bass w/sax & guitar player tonight to work on new recording of the Sax man's.

Climbed and dropped some dead uglies in a creek bed. Yarded them out. Lifted and drifted a 40 foot tall oak rigged whole tree pick.
It got hot.. I am whooped. Two more days of this.
Fire over the hill from us has me a tad concerned.
Kids helped the HO catch frogs and polly wogs in their pool for a catch and release program.
I need more beer.
Since it got hot... one FS250 and the MS026 both went down. Guess I need to fix those. One other piece of equipment went out on rental so that should have issues.
Every body around me is sick it seems...
Oh well..
Happy Memorial day.. thanks for my freedom :)

Lots of tiddler trees, a property I've been on for 10 years, clearing up lower branches, thinning, deadwooding, lichen removal.
Reindeer lichen grows prolifically here, I tend to just pull it off as it blocks too much light in some situations.

Climbed and dropped some dead uglies in a creek bed. Yarded them out. Lifted and drifted a 40 foot tall oak rigged whole tree pick.
It got hot.. I am whooped. Two more days of this.
Fire over the hill from us has me a tad concerned.
Kids helped the HO catch frogs and polly wogs in their pool for a catch and release program.
I need more beer.
Since it got hot... one FS250 and the MS026 both went down. Guess I need to fix those. One other piece of equipment went out on rental so that should have issues.
Every body around me is sick it seems...
Oh well..
Happy Memorial day.. thanks for my freedom :)
Pretty sure you do more by Tuesday night then I do all week. Where do you get the energy?

We did a moonlighting job for an old client, to fill the last possible money into the travellling fund.
Then I packed my bags, climbing gear and all, to avoid too much last minute panic.
We are bringing only our personal gear, acces rope, big shot etc has been ordered from Treestuff and should be waiting for us when we arrive.
I have found a moving company to ship all the gear home for us, so we won't have to drag it around, once we are done climbing.

Nope, we ordered a new big shot.
Running 2 crews,we needed one anyway.
Fishing reel with dynema 40 pds line and 250 gramme lead weights have been packed.
We need to shoot HIGH:D

licensed chip tuck finally, then Knocked out 3 small jobs, bid and got 2 more small ones.

I'm finally starting to get caught up from getting screwed this Winter. Nice to be back in the big truck and out of the pick-up:)

90ton on site for tomorrow's job. Pretty stoked. Smallish firs but along ways out over a house. Customer insisted on zero impact and disturbances of the gardens/pool area. Didn't blink at the price of the crane.

Ha. You know me, it'll be thoroughly documented. Lol.

I plan to be a shutterbug on this job, my full time guy is climbing/rigging. My other guy is head groundy and I'll be hanging out. Atleast that's the plan so far.

Nice, stay safe and get pics.

Good day today, flopped a dead pine and Bots came up to help clean up... lots of talking to people, good food, getting back in the swing of things, long weekend :)

Climbed and dismantled a couple of hard leaning sand pines for a widow lady. She was so impressed she decided to take down six more. When I quoted her a price she said, "that's not enough". That's the first time I've had that happen!

Back